Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Who's buying an iPhone4?
(06-23-2010, 09:06 AM)Gus Wrote: One word. DROID!

A very good word...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
You might want to wait. The article I read said that the Iphone will be sold thru another carrier soon. They didn't say who but competition is the key to bring the prices down. I always said if Ma bell lost the Iphone they would sink.

AT&T's exclusive agreement to distribute the iPhone in the U.S. will expire in June 2010, opening the door for other carriers to begin offering the device. Marshall's comments specifically point to Verizon as a carrier with which Apple would likely look to partner, with rumors of revised iPhone hardware capable of running on Verizon's network suggesting that a late 2010 launch could be possible.

AT&T's exclusivity window has been the subject of much discussion since the iPhone's introduction in mid-2007, with initial reports of the window extending until 2012. Other reports have claimed that the original exclusivity agreement had extended only 2009 but had subsequently been extended until 2010 as part of negotiations surrounding handset subsidies from AT&T.

One of the questions raised in the move from exclusive to non-exclusive distribution models has been the effect on subsidies paid to Apple by wireless carriers such as AT&T. Marshall pegs the current subsidy paid by AT&T at approximately $450, and includes a shift to a "conservative" subsidy of $300 once other U.S. carriers come onboard. The drop in subsidy, however, would be much more than offset by increased sales volume under a multiple-carrier arrangement, according to Marshall.

For its part, Apple has stated several times over the past six weeks that it has in fact been able to maintain subsidy levels in formerly-exclusive markets that have recently expanded to include multiple carriers.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Mine is in the bag and waiting for my return to the real world.
For all you Iphone 3g and 3 gs download the new OS4 for the 3GS multitaking and picture backgrounds i have 3g and i like the folders and the zoom on the camera so i am gonna wait for the 4g utill att get 4g Network