Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2010 Long Island Herf....
Sticky-ed as requested
(06-18-2010, 01:15 PM)Parkster Wrote: Mario's card tricks still have me thinking he is a wasted talent who should be on the Vegas circuit.

If you have not experianced the Pips Show you dont know what your missing.

I have e-mailed my relief, but nothing back yet, which probably indicates he is in no hurry to spend any extra time in the jungle ..... cant say I blame him really. So, if I experiance no delay's when flying out of Cabinda and can turn around quickly in the UK (it would be another 4 continents in 3 days scenario) the only date I could make would be the 28th as I am doing the black op's thing for the other dates.

Are there any prizes for furthest travelled?

My itinary would start at 04:30 local time on the 25th:

Out of the jungle and road dash from Malongo to Cabinda. Dont stop for guys with no shirts who flag us down.
Coconut airways flight around the DRC (Congo) to Luanda. I say around because those nice folks in the DRC threaten to fire S2A's at us if we fly across.
Run the immigration/customs/local police guantlet until allowed to board SAA flight to Jo'Berg.
Fly Jo'Berg to London overnight.
London to Aberdeen
1hr + drive to Elgin

Kiss wife and daughter, pat dog
Pack bag
Get some sleep
Shower, sh*t, shave and a shampoo

1hr + drive to Aberdeen
fly to Amsterdam ..... option for party on plane
fly to JFK ...... option as above
Cab to Tonto's
Party

I cant promise not to fall asleep when I sit down, but a stick, a dram, a Mario card trick, a Tonto burger and a seat next to Mrs Mums Dad would suit me just fine.

It's all still a bit up in the air just now, so dont change dates that could mess up for others, Evilash and Hunlock specifically as I would hate to get stuck in Jo'Berg which in turn means I would miss the Amsterdam flight as I would get in to the UK a day later than the above scenario.

Dave,

(06-19-2010, 09:12 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Summer is a tough time for The Mum as I like to enjoy my weekends at the beach house.

I have a wedding on 8/7 which means I can't head to the beach.

But for Jan. I'll come up. I think 8/28 might be better for me..

Looks like it's going to be the 28th! Cool
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(06-19-2010, 05:57 PM)Tonto Wrote:
(06-18-2010, 01:15 PM)Parkster Wrote: Mario's card tricks still have me thinking he is a wasted talent who should be on the Vegas circuit.

If you have not experianced the Pips Show you dont know what your missing.

I have e-mailed my relief, but nothing back yet, which probably indicates he is in no hurry to spend any extra time in the jungle ..... cant say I blame him really. So, if I experiance no delay's when flying out of Cabinda and can turn around quickly in the UK (it would be another 4 continents in 3 days scenario) the only date I could make would be the 28th as I am doing the black op's thing for the other dates.

Are there any prizes for furthest travelled?

My itinary would start at 04:30 local time on the 25th:

Out of the jungle and road dash from Malongo to Cabinda. Dont stop for guys with no shirts who flag us down.
Coconut airways flight around the DRC (Congo) to Luanda. I say around because those nice folks in the DRC threaten to fire S2A's at us if we fly across.
Run the immigration/customs/local police guantlet until allowed to board SAA flight to Jo'Berg.
Fly Jo'Berg to London overnight.
London to Aberdeen
1hr + drive to Elgin

Kiss wife and daughter, pat dog
Pack bag
Get some sleep
Shower, sh*t, shave and a shampoo

1hr + drive to Aberdeen
fly to Amsterdam ..... option for party on plane
fly to JFK ...... option as above
Cab to Tonto's
Party

I cant promise not to fall asleep when I sit down, but a stick, a dram, a Mario card trick, a Tonto burger and a seat next to Mrs Mums Dad would suit me just fine.

It's all still a bit up in the air just now, so dont change dates that could mess up for others, Evilash and Hunlock specifically as I would hate to get stuck in Jo'Berg which in turn means I would miss the Amsterdam flight as I would get in to the UK a day later than the above scenario.

Dave,

(06-19-2010, 09:12 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Summer is a tough time for The Mum as I like to enjoy my weekends at the beach house.

I have a wedding on 8/7 which means I can't head to the beach.

But for Jan. I'll come up. I think 8/28 might be better for me..

Looks like it's going to be the 28th! Cool

I'll be there.
(06-16-2010, 09:10 AM)EvilAsh Wrote:
(06-15-2010, 09:02 PM)Hunlock Wrote: Really hoping that this works for me.... I am going on a new schedule in two weeks. Instead of working every other weekend, I will be working every third...WOOT!

[Image: 893crossfingers-thumb.gif]

Looks like we're aiming for the 28th.....I'm holding a couple of chairs reserved for you guys! Smile
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(06-17-2010, 07:34 AM)Tonto Wrote:
(06-08-2010, 10:38 PM)Maduro PiPs Wrote: FU$K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mario.....can we convince you to do some more card tricks?

In case you guys don't know....Mario is a master at doing amazing card tricks. I think Don & Ashman are still talking about the time over at Rob's a few years ago! I was there & still can't figure out how Mario did it!

I will be PREPARED!!!!!!!! Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
This ought to be good
I am there i will move some stuff around but i will make it
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
(06-18-2010, 01:15 PM)Parkster Wrote: Are there any prizes for furthest travelled?

DAVE, I have a very special cigar set aside for you. It was gifted to me by a Great BOTL! I think he would be pleased if you smoked it. More details & pics later.
Still working on my rotation Jan, but my fingers are crossed, along with my toes and tea bags.
OK...If you're coming or think you might be coming....let me know, so I have idea Big Grin

I'll post an updated list at the top of the thread later today.