Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random house question
Well found the culprit. It was the dishwasher. I pulled the cover off the washer and turned it on and it started dripping about 5 minutes into the cycle. Thank God that it is something simple and not a problem with the slab. Thanks for all the responses and help.
Glad it worked out for you and your Aunt & Uncle..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
All those responses before I could log in... LOL!

Could you tell where the water was coming from? Water in, drain, the inlet valve/solenoid, etc?

Hopefully it is as easy as tightening or replacing water or drain lines... Depending on the age, parts should be easily available should you need them... Email me if you need more detailed info...

I am also very glad it was the DW.... friends of mine had a water line issue in their slab, and that was a gigantic pain!!!
It starts leaking underneath the DW from what looks like the motor of some sort. Maybe a water pump. This DW is about 10 years old. Is it worth it to work on it or more cost effective to buy a new one? Never worked on a dw lol!
(04-20-2010, 07:24 PM)BaileyCAO Wrote: Well found the culprit. It was the dishwasher. I pulled the cover off the washer and turned it on and it started dripping about 5 minutes into the cycle. Thank God that it is something simple and not a problem with the slab. Thanks for all the responses and help.

Glad you figured it out! Smile
This is my boomstick!
(04-20-2010, 11:13 PM)BaileyCAO Wrote: It starts leaking underneath the DW from what looks like the motor of some sort. Maybe a water pump. This DW is about 10 years old. Is it worth it to work on it or more cost effective to buy a new one? Never worked on a dw lol!

Depends on who is paying for it? If it was mine I would at least take it out and look at it then go from there.
If it's not leaking from the hose then your better off replacing the appliance. The newer ones are very quiet and energy efficient.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I just emailed you Bailey... but reading this, if it is in fact the pump/motor assembly that is leaking, it would probably be better to just replace the machine, especially if it is 10 yrs. old...

8-10 years is about what to expect from dishwashers now... not like the old days when you could get a long life out of them...
10 years old its time for a new one the bottom is probably rotten
You don't write, you don't call! LOL

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.