Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the BEST cigar cutters?
I use my Xikar cutter the most, followed by my v-cutter and then a punch cutter that's on one of my lighters. The Xikar has a fabulous warranty. Guaranteed for life. Send it in and they'll sharpen it for you. Can't go wrong with that kind of warranty.
hehe, I was sitting in the local B&M yesterday when a regular walks in and hands the owner his xikar which was broken (again). I looked at the owner and said "One word Ed, Palio..." ;p
He replied, "yeah I know, I've been meaning to swap over for a while now"... Wink
Palio also has a lifetime warrenty, but I've seen alot less Palio users ever have to use it... Smile
Will look into investing in a Palio!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
I reach for my Palio over my Xikar X1 all the time,well the Xikar was dull,but I just sent it back and should be getting a new replacement soon then that will be my new favorite. lol
(03-27-2010, 07:36 PM)Bluesman455 Wrote: I reach for my Palio over my Xikar X1 all the time,well the Xikar was dull,but I just sent it back and should be getting a new replacement soon then that will be my new favorite. lol

You realize you can do the same with your Palio?
They either sharpen it or send you a new one... Smile
I have a SS Monte that I use all the time with no problems. I have been using it for a year now and it is still just as sharp as the day that I brought it home. I have a Xikar that is brand new (after sending the old one in for sharpining) that I have not used since I like the Monte.

As far as the Palio, I would love to get my hands on one. I first saw Lonnie with one when I was visiting GA and realy like the design of it.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

A couple have already voted on the Boston V Cutter,,I'll add mine because to me it is hands down the best there is whether it is the table top or the "little guy" model. For a straight cut I like my xikar or the Cuban Crafter Perfect Cut. The CC perfect cut lives up to its name,,the sucker cuts it perfect each and every time.
(03-26-2010, 11:23 AM)iSmoke Wrote: Personally I have a variety of cutters. The reason for that being, that when you buy something cheap...cheap is what you usually get. I have a drawer full of CHEAP cutters. So i have invested in a Xikar Xi3 cutter. It is without a doubt the best cutter I own. If you are going to buy less expensive cutters, I recently purchased the following cutter on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...K:MEWNX:IT

for only $8.88 shipped. I used it last night and it gave me a terrific cut. No rips or tears of the wrapper or cap.

As for a table cutter I purchased a Quad Stainless Steel Table Top Cutter from Famous Smoke Shop for $49.99 + $7.50 ship.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/quad+stainle...item+22953

It gives you 2 straight cuts (one each for up to 52 & 60 ring ga.) and 2 v cuts (one each for up to 52 & 58 ring ga.).

In my humble opinion...invest in a good cutter be it straight or v-cut...you wont regret it.

ANGEL
Smart words for sure.
I use this for all my cutting
[Image: WG16630-2T.jpg]

There is something about a quality scissor...
Skip is that a cigar holder on the swiss army knife??? If it is that is a sweet tool to have for nubbin'!!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
(03-26-2010, 06:25 PM)aracos Wrote: hehe, I was sitting in the local B&M yesterday when a regular walks in and hands the owner his xikar which was broken (again). I looked at the owner and said "One word Ed, Palio..." ;p
He replied, "yeah I know, I've been meaning to swap over for a while now"... Wink
Palio also has a lifetime warrenty, but I've seen alot less Palio users ever have to use it... Smile

I agree Palio is a far superior cutter.