Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm no Chip Foose
But after a month of trying different motor mount combos and do a little shimming I finally got the motor to fit in my car. Now the long process of getting everything else to fit. You would think that putting a small block into a Camaro would be easy. But with a different oil pan and rack and pinion steering it was a little more trouble then I thought it would be.
[Image: DSCF1036.jpg]
[img]

[Image: DSCF1035.jpg]
Sweeeeeet!!! What year is that Camaro? Are you doing a frame up restoration on that, because the frame looks brand new. Enjoy!!!

ANGEL
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
Nice but how can you drive it that way? No hood etc..Tongue
Looking good Doug...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(03-17-2010, 09:48 AM)iSmoke Wrote: Sweeeeeet!!! What year is that Camaro? Are you doing a frame up restoration on that, because the frame looks brand new. Enjoy!!!

ANGEL

It's a 68...No on the frame up resto. I'm just going for the prostreet thing right now. The subframe was repainted and all the front end parts are new.

(03-17-2010, 10:34 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Nice but how can you drive it that way? No hood etc..Tongue
Looking good Doug...

It doesn't even have a transmission yet. Need to get a job for that to happen so for right now I just sit in it and make bruuum noises.
Hahaha!!! Hopefully you'll git-r-done!!! But all in due time. It's no fun if you could hand over a wad of cash to someone and say just do it!!!! Sweat equity my brother. When it's all said and done you'll look back and say ahhhhhh!!! Enjoy those brummmm moments!!
ANGEL
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
You're a sick man. That garage is spotless! SICK!!!! How the heck can you work in those conditions.

Wink
Damn Doug, that is just bad ass!!. Is that a 6-71 or an 8-71? Have you decided on a transmission yet?
I like smoking lightning
(03-17-2010, 12:06 PM)carl609 Wrote: Damn Doug, that is just bad ass!!. Is that a 6-71 or an 8-71? Have you decided on a transmission yet?

8-71...As far as a tranny I really want a 5 or 6 speed. Besides the $$$ they cost, the car was an originally an auto so I would have to convert it. However the plan right now is to go with a 6 speed and drop to a TH400 if funds don't appear.

Maybe I will trailer it out to Vegas in 2011 and we can have a little fun on the Strip during the herf.
Before or after the bowling tournament.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Very cool, thanks for sharing the pics!
This is my boomstick!