Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don Gonzalez Cigars
Was enjoying the day off today and while surfing cigar sites on the internet, I came across the 12th Annual Western Pennsylvania Cigar Crawl on SC. As I was looking through the pics of previous years crawls I saw the picture of someone I new. A man by the name of Pedro Gonzalez. Hadn't spoken to him in over 4 years!!! So I picked up my cell phone and called him. Lo and behold he now owns Don Gonzalez Cigars. After speaking to him for a while he told me that he was in Tampa, Fl at a Cigar Event. He said he would call me Monday so that I could stop by his warehouse here in Miami so that we could get together and smoke some of his cigars. I have yet to smoke any of the Don Gonzalez Cigars and was wondering if anyone else has? he has three wrappers nattys, maddies and corojo. I want to see if he will come down to the Vegas Herf as a sponsor. If he can swing it, who would he need to contact? Also...if anyone has smoked his cigars, please give me some feedback as to how you liked or disliked them.

Regards,

ANGELStogiesmile
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
Wow Angel that is something else.
If Pedro can't make the Vegas herf, he can still sponsor it with some stogies. Have him contact Mac..
I never had his cigars.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Met him at an event at my home B&M, I believe he will be back up here for another one in 2 weeks...
They usually bring a roller with them... Wink
Hey, we'd love to have him join us in Vegas! No need to do anything special except show up and be ready to have some fun on the trip.Big Grin As for sponsoring, he can email me (I'll pm you the address to use) and we'll work out the details. Really doesn't require anything special to be a part of this one. We play it pretty low-key. Just a bunch of dudes hanging out in Vegas smoking lots of cigars and chilling by the pool.Cool Whatever he'd want to supply would be greatly appreciated and I'd also suggest he join the group here at SC if he's in to the web at all. Always nice to have that perspective on the board. Thanks for thinking of the Vegas herf and we'll talk soon.
Don Gonzalez cigars are excellent. I first had one at a Cigar BBQ at Slippery Rock Cigars in 2008, then Pedro and his son Pedro Jr. were on the Western Pennsylvania Cigar Crawl last year and my friend Dave and I went in together on box of cigars. Well worth the money spent. Great flavor, great construction, great burn, etc.

Recently Pedro Jr. ran a Fantasy Football League for listeners of the Blowin' Smoke podcast. I won the League Championship and was rewarded with a box of Don Gonzalez Corojo Torpedoes, specially engraved with my name and the the fact that I won the League Championship. Really cool!

Pedro and Pedro Jr. are two wonderful people and two of the nicest people I've met in the cigar industry.
Well...I met with Pedro Gonzalez this afternoon and we talked for a while. Although he will not be able to come to the Vegas Herf (he will be preparing for the IPCPR trade show in August) , he has committed to sending cigars and some hats. I have passed the info along to Mac and informed him that I will be willing to assist him with Pedro should he need me. Hopefully, I can get him to send hats for all the guys (will need to know how many we are going to be). He gave me a variety of cigars that he makes (Don Gonzalez Special Ed., Connecticut, Maduro and Corojos). We were unable to smoke a cigar since I had to rush off abruptly to get my children from school. But we made a date to herf at his next local event. He is preparing to take his cigar tour to the southeast this coming week. Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee. From there he heads off to Pennsylvania. Hopefully he will be one of our continuing sponsors in the future.

ANGEL
Congrats on your win!!! He is truly a great guy. He will again be on the cigar crawl May 22. He was trying to convince me to go but with the building of the Herf Shack I am going to be very busy into the summer. I want to try to git-r-done by the time the August heat wave rolls around. He gave me some of his DG Spec. Ed. cigars. Hopefully I will get to smoking them soon!!!

ANGEL

(03-15-2010, 12:54 PM)cbcyclone Wrote: Don Gonzalez cigars are excellent. I first had one at a Cigar BBQ at Slippery Rock Cigars in 2008, then Pedro and his son Pedro Jr. were on the Western Pennsylvania Cigar Crawl last year and my friend Dave and I went in together on box of cigars. Well worth the money spent. Great flavor, great construction, great burn, etc.

Recently Pedro Jr. ran a Fantasy Football League for listeners of the Blowin' Smoke podcast. I won the League Championship and was rewarded with a box of Don Gonzalez Corojo Torpedoes, specially engraved with my name and the the fact that I won the League Championship. Really cool!

Pedro and Pedro Jr. are two wonderful people and two of the nicest people I've met in the cigar industry.
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
Seriously if you can, take a weekend off and do the Crawl with us this year. It'll be one of the best events you ever do, I guarantee it!
Both Pedro and Pedro Jr. have officially been announced as being in attendance at the Western PA Cigar Crawl for this year, along with a guy name of Chris who I understand is a rep for Oliva, Nub, and Cain Cigars. Usually Tom Luzuka from Camacho Cigars attends also, but he hasn't been announced for the event as of yet.