Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was the member
that had the massive salt water tank setup he built from scratch? I have looked for two fricked days and can't find him. I have tried the search with epic failure. Actually I have NEVER found anything with it, is it just me? Thanks

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Chris had one and sold it last month..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Taf, I was looking into it and making a few posts. Someone had a huge setup and it was based on his feedback that I abandoned my quest.
It was a big thread and a HUGE set up in his basement thru a wall. I can't believe nobody remembers. I keep thinking tfire, the fife or something like that. He had a link to a forum where he documented the entire project that seems to take a year or better. DIG guys. I don't know why I remember tank with a bunch of posts but maybe not. LOL I tried to search salt, salt water, corral, and I just flopped with our search.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Hi Taf, I'm not sure if this is the guy, since I'm new to SC...but I love ponds and fish and remember a guy who built an incredible fish tank in his basement. I saw this while doing research to build my pond a few years ago. Here is the link:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums...php?t=8952

It is at monsterfishkeepers.com. I hope it is helpful.

Regards,

Angel
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
(03-04-2010, 05:52 PM)tafdom Wrote: It was a big thread and a HUGE set up in his basement thru a wall. I can't believe nobody remembers. I keep thinking tfire, the fife or something like that. He had a link to a forum where he documented the entire project that seems to take a year or better. DIG guys. I don't know why I remember tank with a bunch of posts but maybe not. LOL I tried to search salt, salt water, corral, and I just flopped with our search.

I think the Fife is close. I think he even had a an avatar with a shot of a piece of coral.
The Fife is the one
(03-04-2010, 05:52 PM)tafdom Wrote: It was a big thread and a HUGE set up in his basement thru a wall. I can't believe nobody remembers. I keep thinking tfire, the fife or something like that. He had a link to a forum where he documented the entire project that seems to take a year or better. DIG guys. I don't know why I remember tank with a bunch of posts but maybe not. LOL I tried to search salt, salt water, corral, and I just flopped with our search.

I remember that thread! He had a link in his sig-tag to the forum where he had all the pics......I just can't remember his name right now....
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I found and PMd him earlier. Great BOTL that vanished after the new baby. I can see that. LOL I shouldn't have PMd him, I should have just dropped a bomb.

yeah, I forgot about that...