Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Sick
LOLRolleyes This is embarrassing...but here goes,

I've just started smoking cigars, so Saturday night I light up a Torano Exodus 1959 Toro. I get all the way through it, took about an hour. I drank two pints of Sam Smith while smoking it.

Well, about 15 mins later, I'm in the shower heaving my guts out. My head is pounding and I can barley stand up.

I didn't inhale the cigar

What gives?

Should I have steered clear of this cigar being a newb?
[Image: 100px-SFOD-D_Patch-1.jpg]

Live Hard

Thank you to those who fight in the shadows.

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
nicotine poisoning Smile

Eat a teaspoon of sugar when you feel a rush coming on, smoke on a full stomach, drink a non-diet cola with sugar, etc.

An opus (any opus) will ALWAYS get me to yak if i dont take the same precautions. Dunno what it is about them, in particular.
Did you smoke it on an empty stomach?
Could very well be the reason, especially since you're relatively new to cigars Smile
This is my boomstick!
(03-02-2010, 07:19 AM)EvilAsh Wrote: Did you smoke it on an empty stomach?
Could very well be the reason, especially since you're relatively new to cigars Smile

Ditto
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Thanks for the info, yeah I smoked on a full stomach. Cause I threw up all my chicken wingsBig Grin
[Image: 100px-SFOD-D_Patch-1.jpg]

Live Hard

Thank you to those who fight in the shadows.

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
After smoking cigars for over 30 years I was out Kayaking 2 years ago with a gloria cubana limitada. If you dont know this stick, it's HUGE. I chose it for my kayaking because it can last an hour and I dont have to worry about carrying another cigar, cutter, lighter etc.
Well, this one day I was working my way back from a 6 mile run with the wind, of course back meant against the wind and it picked up. I was working hard and this monster of a cigar was near the nub. In fact it was going out (which I feel is part of the problem). and poof, 1 drag and I was gagging. Nothing like this ever happened to me before. Yeah, I take a gloria cubana kayaking with me all the time. Yeah, I paddle against the wind all the time (usually both ways as it is my luck to be out during a wind shift). Since I first started smoking cigars I found the drag on a half out or recently outed cigar to be disgusting. The vapors are just foul. This I believe was my problem. Could it have been yours?
For the record I smoke on an empty stomach all the time.
I'll tell you my story about Christmas dinner sometime. This has happened to me 5 or 6 times. I learned to back down to milder cigars for a while until my body adjusted. Sugar is the fix. The first sign of THAT feeling grab some orange juice or something like that with a sugar fix and down it. I always carry a Mountain Dew in a cooler with me everywhere I go because it gets there quick. Remember the onset feeling! Happy smoking!

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(03-02-2010, 01:41 AM)Vitamin G Wrote: An opus (any opus) will ALWAYS get me to yak if i dont take the same precautions. Dunno what it is about them, in particular.

An Opus did that to me once....but 8 hours later I was also admitted to the hospital with a severe kidney stone attack. Never had a problem with Opus again.

But like the others have said...it's a combination of the nicotine & a low blood sugar......have a Coke, or something with sugar at the first sign.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Sounds like too much nicotine for your tolerance level.
Did the cigar produce a lot of saliva? Did you swallow said saliva?
Try spitting if you are in an appopriate place.
Also, Sam Smith can be kind of heavy and may have enhanced the nausea.
Almirante Pirata
(03-02-2010, 05:07 PM)Tonto Wrote:
(03-02-2010, 01:41 AM)Vitamin G Wrote: An opus (any opus) will ALWAYS get me to yak if i dont take the same precautions. Dunno what it is about them, in particular.

An Opus did that to me once....but 8 hours later I was also admitted to the hospital with a severe kidney stone attack. Never had a problem with Opus again.

But like the others have said...it's a combination of the nicotine & a low blood sugar......have a Coke, or something with sugar at the first sign.

So umm, i'm really hoping i have a low nicotine tolerance now... thanks.