Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully
This really belongs in the 'Decent Enough' review forum...not bad but not great.

Size – 5 x 50
Shape – Robusto
Wrapper – Indonesia
Filler – Dominican Republic, USA
Binder – Dominican Republic

Prelight
Another review I read reminded me that I had a few of these tucked away in the old cigar humidor. This one was at least 3 years old. It had a couple of soft spots and veins but nothing too bad. Light tobacco aroma. Easy prelight draw.

First third
Initial draws had a dry feel to the smoke with a very light tobacco flavor. Slightly bitter on the palate. Also had a woody cedar flavor. Very easy draw. Peppery, almost burning nose exhale. The bitterness dissipates failry quickly and leaves a smooth tobacco flavor on the palate with a slight nuttiness. This third finishes with a straight forward tobacco flavor.

Second third
Nice straight burn with an ample draw. Still light in body at this point with a straight forward tobacco flavor and a mild coffee aftertaste.

Last third
Really picking up in body. The flavor takes on a caramel aspect in both the smoke and the aftertaste. It quickly went from light in body to medium or even medium full. Finishes with pronounced chocolate notes.

Conclusion
This was an ok smoke. Nothing to write home about but overall decent enough. It took quite some time for any real flavors to develop.

[Image: romeo_y_julieta_img_1118.jpg]

[Image: romeo_y_julieta_img_1120.jpg]

[Image: romeo_y_julieta_img_1122.jpg]

[Image: romeo_y_julieta_img_1124.jpg]

[Image: romeo_y_julieta_img_1130.jpg]
I agree with you, nothing to brag about but I wouldn't throw it out.
Thanks for the review.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
nice review, one of my favs, i must say, wouldn't smoke this at night, but nice afternoon stick
No Justice, No Peace!