Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A message to EVIL ASH
Steve, I "met you" on the Nub site around a year and a half ago. Then in person around a year ago. So I know you and because of our friendship I thought I'd give you a little heads-up.
First, get yourself a good lawyer. Not just any old lawyer, but a divorce lawyer. You are getting divorced.
Second take out that second mortgage on the house (heck, you're going to lose it anyway in the divorce) and stash the $ in a safety deposit box. Third, get rid of those toy humidors you are using and get yourself something oh, lets say the size of a mid-size car.
You joined Stogiechat. You are posting like a post ho. Let me lay this all out for you.
You will buy some cigars to "bomb" with. At first mediocre cigars then you realize if you cant hit them with volume, use quality. Then you will get turned onto the dark side. And somewhere in between you'll want to try every cigar anyone here raves about, which is every cigar. Where before your 100 count humidor was plenty big, you'll soon be using 200 quart coolers, converted wine coolers, custom humidors and the glove box of the family car. You will then start contemplating converting a room in the house into a smoking room. Yeah, if you aint smoking in it, then you aint living in it. So the living room seems perfect!
OK, so now you are buying cigars at a furious pace, buying humidors just as fast spending weekends packaging and mailing cigars like CI and all is good. Right? Wrong. Remember the wife? At first a simple brush off and comment like: "gee honey, they are just good people, that's why they all send me cigars". Then the 4 habanos boxes that came in... "Honey, this came form this guy in Scotland as a gift!" Finally "Sweetie, they were on sale, and do you know how hard these are to get?". But the house of cards comes tumbling down when you ask her not to buy those new $40 shoes as you open up your latest purchase of a full box of PAM64's costing 4 times that price. The only good side is that after all the sneaking and arguing and lying, the divorce doesn't seem so bad.
How do I know this?
well, I've sold 5 of my larger humidors. That leaves me with 2 semi-custom units that hold around 3,000 cigars (& they are jammed full). 2 90 quart coolers and 3 "desk-tops" each around a 300 count and are fully full. I also have 8 or 9 humidors retired and a locker at my cigar club that doesn't have room in it for a match. Yup, I am divorced.

Good luck Steve & welcome to Stogiechat.
Wink
LOL LMAO Thanks Skipper for the advice! I think you might be onto something there!

I'll warn my wife tonight, and I'll start putting money away immediately to cover the child support Big Grin

This place is fun, and yes, I'm a post whore!
--Steve
This is my boomstick!
Skipper just described my life. As many know I took a few years off from StogieChat while getting divorced. I am back now and much happier!
(01-21-2010, 02:06 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Steve, I "met you" on the Nub site around a year and a half ago. Then in person around a year ago. So I know you and because of our friendship I thought I'd give you a little heads-up.
First, get yourself a good lawyer. Not just any old lawyer, but a divorce lawyer. You are getting divorced.
Second take out that second mortgage on the house (heck, you're going to lose it anyway in the divorce) and stash the $ in a safety deposit box. Third, get rid of those toy humidors you are using and get yourself something oh, lets say the size of a mid-size car.
You joined Stogiechat. You are posting like a post ho. Let me lay this all out for you.
You will buy some cigars to "bomb" with. At first mediocre cigars then you realize if you cant hit them with volume, use quality. Then you will get turned onto the dark side. And somewhere in between you'll want to try every cigar anyone here raves about, which is every cigar. Where before your 100 count humidor was plenty big, you'll soon be using 200 quart coolers, converted wine coolers, custom humidors and the glove box of the family car. You will then start contemplating converting a room in the house into a smoking room. Yeah, if you aint smoking in it, then you aint living in it. So the living room seems perfect!
OK, so now you are buying cigars at a furious pace, buying humidors just as fast spending weekends packaging and mailing cigars like CI and all is good. Right? Wrong. Remember the wife? At first a simple brush off and comment like: "gee honey, they are just good people, that's why they all send me cigars". Then the 4 habanos boxes that came in... "Honey, this came form this guy in Scotland as a gift!" Finally "Sweetie, they were on sale, and do you know how hard these are to get?". But the house of cards comes tumbling down when you ask her not to buy those new $40 shoes as you open up your latest purchase of a full box of PAM64's costing 4 times that price. The only good side is that after all the sneaking and arguing and lying, the divorce doesn't seem so bad.
How do I know this?
well, I've sold 5 of my larger humidors. That leaves me with 2 semi-custom units that hold around 3,000 cigars (& they are jammed full). 2 90 quart coolers and 3 "desk-tops" each around a 300 count and are fully full. I also have 8 or 9 humidors retired and a locker at my cigar club that doesn't have room in it for a match. Yup, I am divorced.

Good luck Steve & welcome to Stogiechat.
Wink

Sage advice right there. I think I pissed my pants becuase I have used at least 4 of the quotes above over the course of the last 4 years I have been a member here.

AWESOME Skip!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
lol. honey, can you walk to work tomorrow?? we don't have enough money to put gas in the car, but i just scored 4 elusive boxes of a limited edition cohiba release. walking to work will be well worth it
BEST

THREAD

EVER!!!!!!!!!

LMAOLMAOLMAO
(01-21-2010, 05:09 PM)macallan2 Wrote: BEST

THREAD

EVER!!!!!!!!!

LMAOLMAOLMAO

And sooooooooo true
My wife thinks all you guys sent me my Antietam.
At first I though Skipper was talking about me..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(01-21-2010, 05:58 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: At first I though Skipper was talking about me..

I messaged Evil Ash yesterday to call him out on being a posting whore!...lol...He didn't deny it...hahaha

I, as well as others I'm sure, have been trying to get Steve over here for a while. I am very happy to see him here. He is good people, fellas.

He will fit in here just fine.

Enjoy your time Zombie Man!
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.