Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAO Eileen's Dream Corona
Another one of my "reports" on CAO's Flavour line which I do because I feel like the new gourmet take on flavoured smokes deserves an honest take, to break the stigma that flavoured cigars suck, because these are something good. Do I prefer them to regular smokes? No, but they are a pleasureable alternative, to be judged in equal yet seperate circumstances.

I started the day with a cup of coffee and an Eileen's Dream Corona, which turned out to be one of my more favorite selections from CAO's line. It lit with two matches and I was rewarded with a delicate flavor of white chocolate. The usual sweetness on the lips was much less pronounced than normal.The flavour continued to strenghten and then fade into light notes of Irish Cream, which played well with my coffee. This actually became better toward the very end when the heat made the flavors concentrate.

The burn was as with most CAOs, wavey for the first inch but level off very well with that lovely carbon rim. The cigar itself seemed to warm up between the fingers which was a nice touch. The smoke volume was minimal but became dense, which I would normally say is a con but these CAOs tend to do that, but its not a problem because it's so delicious.This is probably one of my more favorite of the flavours as it it produces a lovely mouth feel, as you breath out it's like your mouth was lined with chocolate flavored silk which is just wonderful.

CA Scale? About 89, a damn good flavoured smoke.
thanks for the review. keep em comin.
Nice job as usual. I started cigars to quit cigarettes and chose flavors hoping not to burn out and it worked. Being in the food industry all my life, the flavors are like crack to me. My taste buds explode with flavors that are all over the board. I went thru the entire line and settled on the Moontrance that I keep. The bourbon vanilla extracts make it for me. They didn't skimp on the construction and that says a lot and the quality is nothing less than perfect, I just wish the top was finished. I just noticed a new Caramel or something I need to try. I smoke Flavors every single day and nailed it down to 4. I call it taste buds by day, palette by night with non flavor. Thanks for the review.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(01-03-2010, 04:20 PM)tafdom Wrote: I went thru the entire line and settled on the Moontrance that I keep.

Got one up deck, thats the next one up!
I know this thread is old, but I'm gonna throw a wrench into it. My wife and I smoked an Eileen's Dream last night and couldn't stand it. To the both of us it tasted like a rose that was dipped in some weird honey and left a film on our mouths. I don't know if we got a bad one, but that's what ours was like. I just didn't want to post a new thread on the same stick. Thanks.
Git R Dun!