Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J. Fuego Origen
I like to maintain a nice relationship with the Tobacconists at my local B&M Lounge... So when I walk in and they recognize me, they know I like to try new stuff. Ultimately, in the end... I may love the cigar, i may hate it... But I still want to try anything new they have in (limited production or not).

Right, So i walk in... One of my Tobacconists (Ron) sees me and says, "You know, I think I've got something you haven't tried before... Its a medium-full bodied cigar, and I think you'll enjoy it." That right there got me exited but still didn't know what to think. He hands me a cigar I've never seen before that simply says "Origen" on the the band.

The wrapper was nice and smooth, the colors consistent, no stems or any crap like that visible in the foot... Some small vein's, but nothing that i haven't seen before. I could feel no soft spots and the wrapper seemed fairly oily actually. Very nice looking construction.

The prelight draw went well... The draw was just slightly tighter than I'm used to, but was still very nice. I actually like this slightly tighter draw.. Love it.

Right so, I light it up and I get hit with some peppery spice which starts to mellow out into more of an earthy spice as i started into the 2/3 and remained consistent until the very end.

The burn reminded me of a Pinar Del Rio which in my experience always have impeccable burns... The Origen had a straight line all the way to the nub with the white ash breaking off in about 2 inch intervals.

Bottom line: I thought it was an amazing smoke... Hell, I wouldn't have bothered making this thread on SC if it didn't absolutely blow me away.

It actually blew me away so much... That I told my tobacconist that I wanted to buy the rest of his boxes. Unfortunately, they only had a little more than a half a box left... I bought them all.

Seriously, this cigar will not disappoint... Besides at my B&M Lounge, I've smoked 3 more and every time its the same thing.

I'll probably torch another tomorrow and will take some pictures then (I keep forgetting Big Grin).
Thanks for the review!
(01-04-2010, 12:25 AM)SenorSmoke Wrote: Thanks for the review!

Origen is a very good smoke. I remember when they came out last year. Wow. I think I ended buying about 3 or 4 boxes, an the price was right 80ish.
good job! I will have to give this one a shot!
Yeah... I think you will.
I smoked one a few days ago and I have to agree that the Origen is a very nice blend but then I have been a fan of Fuego from the beginning.