Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a carb
Hey Guys! I know that there are alot of you that mess around with a few things like 4 wheelers and such. My son has an older honda 4 wheeler ("87 trx 125) an it is needing a carb.

His got to the point that it wanted to pour out the overflow even after putting in a new carb kit. I have looked at honda and they have discontiued the carb. There are a few after market (and when i say after market, I mean way out of market, like made in china that I would not trust) that is out, but dont know which one's to trust.

Does anyone know of a good place to go for a carb for this 4 wheeler?

Thanks Guys in advance!!
Adam
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

(12-26-2009, 09:25 PM)stogiedad.1 Wrote: Hey Guys! I know that there are alot of you that mess around with a few things like 4 wheelers and such. My son has an older honda 4 wheeler ("87 trx 125) an it is needing a carb.

His got to the point that it wanted to pour out the overflow even after putting in a new carb kit. I have looked at honda and they have discontiued the carb. There are a few after market (and when i say after market, I mean way out of market, like made in china that I would not trust) that is out, but dont know which one's to trust.

Does anyone know of a good place to go for a carb for this 4 wheeler?

Thanks Guys in advance!!
Adam

Sorry, no lead on a carb....

May I ask what you did after installing the carb kit? What did the kit come with? If you are getting gas flow, will it start, idle?

You may just need a few adjustments. You can pm, or email me more details about the kit and what was done...I can/will try to walk you through correcting the adjustment.
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Sounds like a leaky float,what model # is the carb and ATV? check E-bay
(12-26-2009, 11:52 PM)Bluesman455 Wrote: Sounds like a leaky float,what model # is the carb and ATV? check E-bay

I was thinking a leaky float and/or the wrong adjustment on the float level when the new needle valve was put in.

Ebay has a bunch of carbs, but are not OEM...They are not expensive tho, so if the float issue does not get fixed, you can pick one up cheap.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Like Tim and Don said, sounds like a float problem. When you rebuilt the carb did you replace the float? It is often overlooked, or not included in a carb kit.

I have a Holley 500 cfm 2 barrel that we could build an adapter for Smile
Hey guys, Thanks for the input! The carb is for a 1987 trx 125 honda 4 wheeler. The carb kit was a honda kit, but it did not come a float. The kit came with all the pins, gaskets, and such, but no float. The float is ok. I left it in a cup of water overnight and it did not leak. oh well. I guess that it is time to hit ebay and get one on the way.

Anyone had any dealings with some of the dealers that sell the carbs?
Theodore Roosevelt

(12-28-2009, 06:06 PM)stogiedad.1 Wrote: Hey guys, Thanks for the input! The carb is for a 1987 trx 125 honda 4 wheeler. The carb kit was a honda kit, but it did not come a float. The kit came with all the pins, gaskets, and such, but no float. The float is ok. I left it in a cup of water overnight and it did not leak. oh well. I guess that it is time to hit ebay and get one on the way.

Not with any of those dealers, sorry. Check the seller reviews. They are EXTREMELY helpfull!

If you would rather grab one of those, then by all means do so. However, I'm sure it would not take much to get your carb back in working order. The needle valve, may not be properly seated, or the the float may be upside down, etc... If the bike runs without trouble, except witha gas leak when shut down, throw a $2 on/off valve in the gas line. It will hold you over until you get a new carb, or get it figured out.... Advance Auto has the valves. They are in the lawn/garden section, and are made for Briggs/Stratton...

Keep us updated!!!!!

(12-28-2009, 06:56 PM)Hunlock Wrote:
(12-28-2009, 06:06 PM)stogiedad.1 Wrote: Hey guys, Thanks for the input! The carb is for a 1987 trx 125 honda 4 wheeler. The carb kit was a honda kit, but it did not come a float. The kit came with all the pins, gaskets, and such, but no float. The float is ok. I left it in a cup of water overnight and it did not leak. oh well. I guess that it is time to hit ebay and get one on the way.

Not with any of those dealers, sorry. Check the seller reviews. They are EXTREMELY helpfull!

If you would rather grab one of those, then by all means do so. However, I'm sure it would not take much to get your carb back in working order. The needle valve, may not be properly seated, or the the float may be upside down, etc... If the bike runs without trouble, except witha gas leak when shut down, throw a $2 on/off valve in the gas line. It will hold you over until you get a new carb, or get it figured out.... Advance Auto has the valves. They are in the lawn/garden section, and are made for Briggs/Stratton...

Keep us updated!!!!!

I have went thru the thing with a fine tooth comb and still the same crap. The float only has one way that it can go in due to the shape. I put an entire kit from honda in it and still the same crap.

THe bad thing is that I did not notice that it was doing it untill i saw it coming out the over flow when the boy was riding it. Glad i saw that and no fires broke out!!!

I am waiting on a new carb, and while i am at it, me and the boy is going to go thru the motor since we will have a little time on our hands when i get back from Ohio the week after next

I keep ya'll posted once i get the carb in. Thanks!!!
Theodore Roosevelt

I got the new card in today. I got it put on about 1600 hrs today and it worked great. My boy is back in business! HE could not wait and had to get back on and start riding even with the temp at 19 degress with 7-10 mph winds. Dang it was cold but he could not wait.
Theodore Roosevelt

(01-02-2010, 09:18 PM)stogiedad.1 Wrote: I got the new card in today. I got it put on about 1600 hrs today and it worked great. My boy is back in business! HE could not wait and had to get back on and start riding even with the temp at 19 degress with 7-10 mph winds. Dang it was cold but he could not wait.

GREAT!!!!

I was wondering how you made out. Throw that old carb on ebay, and get some of your money back..

Great Job, BTW!!!