Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
humidifier issues
I just got the Treasure dome humidor and i'm having an issue with the humidifies staying affixed to the lid. They are held on by a magnet that sticks to a metal plate that has a foam sticky side. Well these plates aren't staying stuck to the lid. I took the plates out and used a hair dryer on the sticky part to make it a little extra sticky and it helped a bit, but I still have one that keeps falling off of lid. Is there any glue or other means to keep these suckers up? thanks
No Justice, No Peace!
That foam stuff is most likely double-sided sticky tape. All too often they put that on with some sawdust on the wood. Also the humidity is a rough place for any tape or glue. Try a marine supply place. Any double-sided take you find there will be super strong and made for a hot humid environment. I've done this many times. Also gorilla glue is nothing short of incredible, just be careful and know this is permanent!
(12-20-2009, 06:04 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Also gorilla glue is nothing short of incredible, just be careful and know this is permanent!

The one thing I've never liked about gorilla glue, in situations like this, is it always tends to expand a great deal.

I'd say super glue the plates, as long as you let the cedar, and the glue dry nice and solid, before re humidifying your box...
Enjoy!
Max

i have some rc car servo tape, i'll give that a go, thanks for the suggestions.i'll leave the glue as last resort
No Justice, No Peace!