Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I LOVE RSS feeds!!!!!
Wink 
For me at least, this is like being one step closer to having a Stogiechat iPhone app, though in reality I don't want that because the board would get crowded with tons of people we don't want. Maybe a mobile site, or do we have that now? Blush These RSS feeds are AWESOME!!!! I plugged the links I wanted to follow, along with the link for the whole forum into my RSS reader on my iPhone and now I can stay up to date a lot more easily on my phone. Just wanted to throw this out there as I am super excited about some of the great new features we now have!

Also, my PM box was full. Here's what I am doing: downloading all messages older than 30 days (sometimes older than 7 days) and saving them as HTML files on my computer and organizing them in case I need to go back and reference a past PM. I still have all of the messages, they just aren't clogging up the server. Plus I can carry them around with me. Quite nice!

I am greatly looking forward to exploring the rest of these new features in the days to come! Great work Eric!!!
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
Well, as it is... The site is extremely lite weight.... and very mobile friendly.

As is, a basic page load is around 100kb in size... The largest is maybe 180kb including avatars.

Compared to the old site in which a basic page load was ~6-8x larger if i am remembering correctly.... And the largest was generally something like 1.6MB (Excluding any of Tanks posts Tongue).

Anyway, At least I know I'm digging SC on the iPhone and Android mobile platforms Big Grin
Yeah, overall huge improvement for us mobile users! And definitely looking nice on this PC as well right now I might add....
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
(12-11-2009, 04:53 AM)Robbie Wrote: Yeah, overall huge improvement for us mobile users! And definitely looking nice on this PC as well right now I might add....

Thats right!
Also note the "LITE" archive mode at the bottom of the screen. All text based.

I also installed a plugin for mobile users, but I'm not sure how it works yet. I didn't see any difference on my iPhone after I installed the module. Perhaps its only certain phones.