Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Yankees........
MikeD Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:i mean think of it this could be the great unifier of mankind that leads to the formation of the great federation of planets.  can you imagine it two people from different parts of the world, nothing in common, hating eachother, gouging eachother's eyes out yet look and go geez man i hate you, don't like anytying about you but i hate the yankees more.  and the other dude goes yeah you're right.  the yankees do suck.  and then they sit down have a grand old time discussing how much the yankees suck.  blammo world peace. 

See ...that says it all...shows that more people are concerned with hating the Yanks than supporting their own team.

If Sox fans would focus more of their anti-Yankee energy into positive energy for their own team, perhaps they would win more than once every 80 some odd years.

Okay Mikey lets not be ridiclous.  The Sox drought had way more to do with stingy ownership (until recently), than any fan input.  I mean all your righteous Yankee History And Tradition means squat if you field a Team with Tampa Bays' budget.  You can cheer or love your team all you want, But Darth Steinbrenner's wallet has much more to do with its success.  (And before you got whine whine whine, the sox spend just as much.  Well DUH!, and they have been very successful as a franchise since they have!)

TomC

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
MikeD Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:i mean think of it this could be the great unifier of mankind that leads to the formation of the great federation of planets.  can you imagine it two people from different parts of the world, nothing in common, hating eachother, gouging eachother's eyes out yet look and go geez man i hate you, don't like anytying about you but i hate the yankees more.  and the other dude goes yeah you're right.  the yankees do suck.  and then they sit down have a grand old time discussing how much the yankees suck.  blammo world peace. 

See ...that says it all...shows that more people are concerned with hating the Yanks than supporting their own team.

If Sox fans would focus more of their anti-Yankee energy into positive energy for their own team, perhaps they would win more than once every 80 some odd years.
not at all mikey.  it's not something we focus on rather than root for our own teams it's a grand unifier.  i mean no matter what walks of life we may come from, who we root for, how we vote, what job we have we just know that we sure as hell hate the yankees and we just work from there - instant common ground.
From an outsiders P.O.V. (Braves/Cards/NL fan), I like the Yankees team and players, but dislike the organization.  I always pull for them when they play the Mets Smile