Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help posting pictures
Whats up everyone!! I had a question about posting pictures. I am having a hell of a time posting them becuase of the size restrictions. Normally I am computer savy but I can't figure out how to resize the pics so that they will upload onto the site. Most of my pics are a little over 1MB how do I go about resizing them to fit? Anything special I can use to resize? I have photoshop and have been playing with it, but still have had not luck resizing them. Thanks!!

Tony
we use photo impressions for resizing pics.

[user=6]Irishcelt[/user] wrote:
Quote:we use photo impressions for resizing pics.
Where can I get that Floyd??
Felicia got it off of the internet.
Ahhh...limewire here I come then lol
lol
It never works for me - they always come out too big, and I am too lazy to work on it - I would rather post words instead.
Actually there are quite a few programs you can use to resize pictures.  WindowsXP should have one.  Or there is a neat one for XP off the microsuck website called, Toolbox or something.
if you have photoshop, Tony, you shouldn't need anything else.  Look at the toolbar across the top, reading, File, Edit.....; go to the one that says IMAGE.  in that menu there should be a tab that says RESIZE, go itno that and it should give you the option to change to pixels, and you can type in 150X150.  that should change the overall size of the file.  if that doesn't bring it down, let me know, I will look at photoshop and see what else is in there.  You can also crop photos down to take a signifigant chunk out of the overall size.

For the software that came w/ my digital camera, there is an option in the FILE menu for CONVERT FORMAT.  inthere I can change from high quality to low quality, resize, and reduce overall file size.  If you're trying to load your digital pics as avatars,  
I use villagephotos.com to host all my pic's, you can click on the options of each photo and select re-size, it keep the original and adds the re-sized photo.
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"