Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puch Rare Corojo EL DOBLE
Well when I bought this cigar it came in the nice red painted wooden coffin with the see through lid adding to the allure of this oversized Punch ( 6"x60). I chose to use a punch (well didnt really choose, seeing as how i only had a punch on me at the time) and double punched a nicely finished cap. The prelight draw was nothing but suprising and joyful as it drew incredibly well for a cigar that felt quite tightly rolled. It felt nice for a 60 RG and wasnt awkward and overly large thanks to its box press, it was actually quite manageable. Upon lighting, it was a nice flavor, not harsh at all, almost earthy in it's tones and it had realtively subtle hints of other unidentifiable flavors throughout. The burn was IMPECCABLE and I mean it. Not a single run or even slightly uneven burn spot, it looked as though the cigar was being cut perfectly each time and being replaced with a gorgeous ash. The flavor intesified slightly over the course of this cigar but all in all, not much complexity or punch (no pun intended) behind it. A great cigar none the less for a mild-medium cigar. It was a great smoke and I would deffinately smoke many more of these (especially the el-doble size, it seemed the size was a large factor in the perfect burn and draw of this cigar)

So how did the first review and first post on the new forum go! Smile

-Ben

P.S. Thanks B-dub for helping me get back on here! Smile
Very nice.  Have to try one of these.
good review. i had a weird experience with this corojo line. had a sour twang taste i didn't dig, similar to the bolivar nc churchill. i know a lot of folks love both lines, i think it's just my own weirdness. anyways, thanks for the write up!
I love the rare corojos!  Great review bro!
Scott  
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Nice first review (For a Seminole..Go Gators!Wink)

I really like the Rare Corojos, but will probably steer clear of the El Doble, due to the fact I dont like bigass stogies
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Very good first review. I like the Rare corojos...but have yet to see one of these...now I want one.
Well, turns out the size had ALOT to do with the taste/burn/draw on this cigar. I tried the magnum today and found it to be a much stronger flavor. It drew slightly tighter but not horrible but the burn was not to my liking. A good cigar but I deffinately preferred the construction on the El Doble. They are cigars that are really dependant on what you are in the mood for I guess.:?

-Ben
Great review, Ben, and I totally agree.

This is my favorite size for the Rare Corojos, too---the smaller gauges tend to have a sharp taste to them that I'm not at all fond of, but the big ol' El Dobles are smooooooth and tasty.

This year's El Dobles come in a cool square glass tube with a cork . . . I've been picking up 1-2 every time I drop by my local B&M. Cool

NANP

[cigar]

NANP™
Viking1