Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La Flor Dominicana Ligero Torpedo
La Flor Dominicana Ligero Torpedo
Dominican Republic
Pyramid
6 x 54

While I have had the LFD Ligero series cigars before, the torpedo size is a new addition to the Ligero line up.  Made with Dominican ligero fillers and an Ecuadorian-grown Sumatra wrapper, I expect this cigar to be like its other ligero brothers – strong and spicy.

The cigar seems well crafted and sports a nice colorado claro wrapper that is smooth with a slight sheen to it.  The cigar seems dense without and hard or soft spots.  The pointed end comes to a nice centered, sharp point.

I clip the cigar about 5/8th of an inch from the point.  The cigar lights up very easily.  The flavor hits right away.  A spicy, woody flavor backed by full powered tobacco flavors.  After a few puffs, the initial shock dies down and settles into a nice full bodied balance of flavor and power.  I also begin to notice a slight dark coffee note at the end of the flavor profile and on the finish.  Cigar remains spicy, but still somewhat smooth.

The flavor remains pretty consistent at around the halfway point, perhaps picking up a bit in the spice department, along with the power. A little further along I can start to feel the nicotine kick coming on.  I put the cigar down for good when the strength begins to really catch up with me, which is at about 1 5/8th inches left.

The cigar burned evenly with a very nice amount of smoke.  Cigar had a nice and firm grayish white ash.

Overall an enjoyable cigar, and unlike its stronger cousin, the Double Ligero, which is very unbalanced where the power overwhelms the flavor, this cigar is still balanced enough where the flavor still comes through the raw power of the cigar.  Not much different from the other Ligero cigars, but the new size is a welcome shape to those who like figurado cigars.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
As always Mike great review!!
another great treview Mike.
Outstanding review MikeD. I am smoking out of a box of those right now and really enjoying them after dinner with some port.  [cigar]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Another great review Mike. I'll have to try one of those. I love torpedo shaped stogies. Based on my past experience with the L-300, this should improve nicely with age. In fact, the double ligeros do too.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Dr. Stogie Fresh Wrote:Another great review Mike. I'll have to try one of those. I love torpedo shaped stogies. Based on my past experience with the L-300, this should improve nicely with age. In fact, the double ligeros do too.

Doc
Thanks.  I like these because they do age well, but are also smokable out of the box.  The DLs need at least a year of rest before the flavor comes through
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
I like these cigars moreso than the chisel.
I never aged one but I'm gonna have to agree that they taste like they will age nicely.I am looking to grab a box of these,the 2000,and the oscuro cabinet to age a bit.I want to grab a few more five packs of the litto gomez as well and age them.Those are sweeter with over a year age on them.

Thanks for the review,good job!
gonna have to try one of these. thanks for the review, mike. got the dizzies the other night from a double ligero, so maybe this stick can pick up the slack while the dl's age a bit.
Been curious about these lately. Couldn't find much info. Thanks for the nicely done review Mike.     Peace.     Catdaddy       [pimp]
Sorry I didnt respond right away to this, but you definately made this sound to be a tasty cigar, as we chatted wile you smoked it.  the review is no different.  Well done.  A torpedo size in this line will be fun to try as I have been smoking more of this shape recently, and enjoying it.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool