Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victor Sinclair Bohemian Red Corojo - Ginsburg
What a horrible day yesterday was.  My new workstation came in with bad RAM, and didn't work right out of the box.  For computer geeks, this is a day shattering event.  I'm a computer uber-geek...  So it killed me.  Then, on the way home, I forgot to look and ran my car out of gas.  I had to push it 6 block in Louisiana heat to the station.  The only good news I was looking forward to, was the wife had called and said my cigars from C-Bid had come in!  I get home and arrange them in my humidor, having to take some of those Thompson house blends out, ziploc them, and shove 'em in my dresser.  I grab up one of the Bohemian's and head for my liquor cabinet.  I dig and dig for what I'm looking for before having to ask for the wife's help...

"Honey, where's my Glenfiddich?", I ask.

"Your what?"

"My bottle of Glenfiddich, the Ancient Reserve 18 Year Old, the bottle I had only poured *1* drink from", I yell back into the other room.

"Oh, that, that's scotch, right?", she shouts.  I sigh.

"Yes, yes it's scotch.  Remember, dad's friend Mr. Ed sent it to me.  The guy he worked with when he was offshore in the North Sea.  The guy from Wales."

"Your dad came and got it right before you got home.", says the wife calmly.

"Why did he come and rob MY scotch?", I shout, panicked.

"He said he was having the Gallaghers over for golf and BBQ at his place tommorrow, and wanted something decent to serve 'em.", as she walks in to tell me.

"[curse][censored][curse][censored][curse][censored]"

Defeated, I grab up my favorite glass, throw a handful of ice into it, and pour myself a nice big huge water.  As I get out to my smoking area outside, I lay out everything and proceed to inspect the Bohemian.  The wrapper looks like me, like it had been run though the mill.  It was mottled, had a few small holes in it, and white spots like someone had sprinkled it with bleach.  "Great", I thought "I bought some dogs!"  Already sitting in the ninth level of Hell for the day, I went ahead and nipped the tip...

Hmmm...  Perfect cut!  When I mean perfect, it was beautiful.  No tearing, no spliting, nothing.  All this with a dull single bladed cutter.  Looking at the head I notice some very large stems.  One was so large and "U" shaped that it almost look like I had cut a grub worm in half.  Worm?  Holes in the wrapper?  Oh hell.  I run into my room, and start checking the other Bohemians.  I was fearing the worst.  But, I guess it was just my luck today to pick that one, as the other 4 are flawless cigars!  No beetles here.  Whew...  A break.  Upon looking closer, it was a stem, and I was just on edge.  lol

As I toasted the foot, the bit of the wrapper they leave on the end ignited and fell off.  The cigar to me looks unique.  They leave a pig-tail at the tip, and at the foot, the tobacco is allowed to flow over the edge, like a piece of hard candy wrapped in celo.  The lighting goes very well, but the draw is tight.  Very tight.  It loosens up after the first quarter to half inch, and is pretty normal after that.  Great volumes of billowy white smoke, and a very nice smooth cedar flavor.  It's kind of peppy and spicey as well.  All through the cigar, I wait for the flavor to kick in, as it is sold as a medium-to-full cigar, but in my opinion, it never got beyond mild-to-medium.  The flavor holds true through the entire cigar.  Mildy spicey.  Rich cedar.  The Corojo wrapper is slowly becoming a favorite.  The smoke stays cool throughout.  The exception to this is when you get to the last inch, it can get very hot.

Upon discard the bones of the dead, I sit and reflect.  Although this was a good Corojo, it's nowhere in the class of the Cusano Corojo '97 that I simply adore.  Maybe it wasn't as good as it should have been because the one I had looked like it had been a playtoy for a toddler at one point.  As stated, the other 4 in my humidor are flawless and georgeous.  I will hold off on my opinion of this particular cigar until I have another, at which point I will edit this post and give it a rating.  I'd hate to classify them based on a possible bad one, and a horrible day...

EDIT :

[Image: vsbohemian.jpg]

I revisited this cigar today (5/10/06), and I'm glad I did.  It was much, much better looking than the first one I had.  Same perfect cut, same great light, same great smoke.  I would recommend this as a good smoke.  I definitely like the Corojo wrapper!
At least your day ended better. I would have to agree, the Cusano is good but I do like the VS 55 corojo alot, and I have not tried the Bohemien. I always keep some around. Thanks for the review.
Damn!  If someone gave away my Glenfiddich 18 year, I be going postal :X
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:Damn!  If someone gave away my Glenfiddich 18 year, I be going postal :X
On this one, I'm very happy to say it was returned because it rained all afternoon, so Pop had no choice but to cancel golf and BBQ with the Gallaghers.  All-in-all I probably wished it on him.  Tongue
a good honest review....and lock up the booze.
ScrooLoose Wrote:
MikeD Wrote:Damn!  If someone gave away my Glenfiddich 18 year, I be going postal :X
On this one, I'm very happy to say it was returned because it rained all afternoon, so Pop had no choice but to cancel golf and BBQ with the Gallaghers.  All-in-all I probably wished it on him.  Tongue
you really didn't have to, the karma alone was pretty steep on that one, glad it made it's way back to you.
I'm going to revisit this review tonight...  Instead of the CX2 I said I was going to have.  I wanna let the CX2's rest a while more...
Edit done above, plus a picture!  Smile