Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid wireless Routers.....
This is just a note to say that my STUPID wireless router is having brain farts alot.So if i'm here then gone then here then gone,it's because my Router is a big PUSSY.Back to our regularly scheduled program.
Same here tommy! Mine stays on the blink.
Man,I just want to PUNT the stupid thing.It gets real aggravating when it acts up,makes me want to load the 12 ga.
I tried wireless once, but it didn't work for me.  It just made me feel so... disconnected.
Good one Big E,Good one.
What kind is it?  I might be able to help with some answers to fix it...
admin Wrote:What kind is it?  I might be able to help with some answers to fix it...
Same here.  I have had a few different brands and models with good luck on the latest Netgear and Cisco units.
most people are real pleased with netgear. Bottom line, when all is said and done I'd be surprised if your problem isn't with your computer or ASP. The routers are actually quite simple (although the controls can be complicated for the technolically timid)
Ok here's the scenario....I have my pc upstairs,the pc that the router and cable modem is attached to is on the first floor.The router is pretty much centrally located to where i am.The trouble is it will cut out and lose the signal most of the time,Thus i lose the internet connection.It is a Belkin router 54 mbps,802.11g,2.4 ghz.It's all connected properly,but i will constantly cut out.I am not a techi so please make your response to my level of understanding,Thanks.
Tommy2guns Wrote:Ok here's the scenario....I have my pc upstairs,the pc that the router and cable modem is attached to is on the first floor.The router is pretty much centrally located to where i am.The trouble is it will cut out and lose the signal most of the time,Thus i lose the internet connection.It is a Belkin router 54 mbps,802.11g,2.4 ghz.It's all connected properly,but i will constantly cut out.I am not a techi so please make your response to my level of understanding,Thanks.
Try changing channels.  6 and 11 are common.  You could be getting interfierence from a cordless phone.