Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAO Sopranos
Did you notice that all the prices seem to be the same?

Even the "JRs Price" is the same as the "Retail" price on their page, no "discount".

I did notice thison the Famous listings....

CAO Sopranos Limited Edition
$100.00
NA

Size: varies
Shape: Assorted
Wrapper: Dk Natural

Avail: N

Package Contents:
2 "Bat" Cigars
2 Champagne Bottle Cigars
1 #86 Cigar (86 Ring Gauge)

I guess its something like the Bratalia set...though not available yet
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
To be completely honest, I'm not sure why anyone would want them.  I tried all three sizes in late 2005, after thier release, and wasn't at all impressed with any of them. I also tried the Tony Soprano sinature line, and was equally unimpressed.

Just to be fair however, I recently revisited the line on the 4th of July weekend. I once again sampled the Associate and the Boss. The associate actually performed well, had a nice tight ash, and medium to full bodied flavor...however it wasn't a gicar I'd pay $12-$16 for. The boss fell apart, the wrapper cracked (which could be number of things, but I know it wasn't my humidor Wink ) Eventually I had to throw it out about 1/2 way through, which I hate doing.

Maybe this is all my own personal bias against CAO... but I doubt it.
butchermania Wrote:To be completely honest, I'm not sure why anyone would want them.  I tried all three sizes in late 2005, after thier release, and wasn't at all impressed with any of them. I also tried the Tony Soprano sinature line, and was equally unimpressed.

Just to be fair however, I recently revisited the line on the 4th of July weekend. I once again sampled the Associate and the Boss. The associate actually performed well, had a nice tight ash, and medium to full bodied flavor...however it wasn't a gicar I'd pay $12-$16 for. The boss fell apart, the wrapper cracked (which could be number of things, but I know it wasn't my humidor Wink ) Eventually I had to throw it out about 1/2 way through, which I hate doing.

The Boss IMHO is the worst of them all.  They tried to do too much with the size.  The Associate and the Soldier are great.  The Soprano line is the best cigar to come out of CAO yet.

BTW, you need a new place to shop if you are paying $12-$16 for an Associate.  It's an $8 cigar
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
i was gifted (by skipper) whatever the smaller of the sizes is.... i think the associate, and it was an absolutely fantastic cigar. i also smoked a bigger one, not in the torpedo style, and again was blown away by it. but recently i bought one of the torps (sorry guys, i don't know the names) and lit it up, and was somewhat disappointed. don't get me wrong, it was a decent smoke, but it didn't blow me away like the others did.
scott81425 Wrote:i was gifted (by skipper) whatever the smaller of the sizes is.... i think the associate, and it was an absolutely fantastic cigar. i also smoked a bigger one, not in the torpedo style, and again was blown away by it. but recently i bought one of the torps (sorry guys, i don't know the names) and lit it up, and was somewhat disappointed. don't get me wrong, it was a decent smoke, but it didn't blow me away like the others did.
agreed. It's much better in the smaller sizes
I work in retail, the Boss goes for $14.00 at both shops I work for. I wasn't really thinking along the lines of the Associate, but that was my own typo. However, I will disagree that both the Soldier and the Associate are great (decent-good, and if I were to spend $8 for a cigar it would never be either one.). Then again, everyone has thier own palate, so who am I to say? If I absolutley had to smoke a CAO I would reach for a Brazilia or Crillio before anything else... but that's one man's opinion.
The can now be sold online. I asked my uncle about this the other day (hes an executive at hbo) and apparently all sopranos stuff is now fair game.

-Ben
butchermania Wrote:To be completely honest, I'm not sure why anyone would want them.  I tried all three sizes in late 2005, after thier release, and wasn't at all impressed with any of them. I also tried the Tony Soprano sinature line, and was equally unimpressed.

Just to be fair however, I recently revisited the line on the 4th of July weekend. I once again sampled the Associate and the Boss. The associate actually performed well, had a nice tight ash, and medium to full bodied flavor...however it wasn't a gicar I'd pay $12-$16 for. The boss fell apart, the wrapper cracked (which could be number of things, but I know it wasn't my humidor Wink ) Eventually I had to throw it out about 1/2 way through, which I hate doing.

I totally agreed with you....until I had my 2nd Soldier.
I'm a big fan of these now, like them a whole lot!

Don't give up on 'em!