Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OLD AS DIRT!
Relay something here that indicates your age... maybe in a humorous way but a real reference.

OK, I have many... but here's a good one, when I was a kid, the fishing boats out of Brooklyn were WWII boats fitted with common pipe for railing, and used carrier pigeon for communication!
Hmmmm when I was youngER lol I can remember leg warmers and spandex being cool along with break dancing Smile
I remember the opening day for Disneyland! My Grandmother took me and I was 10 years old.   Tongue
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
I saw Metallica, in a bar. The first Autorama i remember gong to with my father had Adam West as Batan as the featured guest. My father used to send me to the store with a $1, i wold get him a pack of cigarettes and still have money let fver for a candy bar or bag of chips. I remember my mother sayin, yoru father must be rolling over in his grave with these $1/gallon gas prices.
Neil Armstrong stepping on the moon. Gas wars- .19/gallon- while we were driving to go on vacation with intermittant new highways called interstates (24 solid hours in a car) to FL, before it became Mickyland.
My first car was a used (but not terribly old) '68 GTO built for bracket racing, and I paid less than $700 for it. Confusedhock:

The first cartoons I remember watching were Felix the Cat and Mighty Mouse . . . and I watched them on a B&W "console" TV with an AM/FM radio and turntable. (Remember those? [lol])

And ditto on Neil Armstrong. Smile

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
I remember the t-shirts that changed color when you touched them.

Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were all the rage.

Mark Wahlberg was Marky Mark.

Rap was new.

Cell phones came in a briefcase.

My parents refused to pay $0.59 a gallon.
I remember the assination of Pres Kennedy, Beatles on Ed Sullivan first ever, first tour stop in Dallas, and my big sister wouldnt take me!!  and Jimi Hendrix as the opening act for the Monkeys.z(she finally took me somewhere!!)..Daydream believer I was, and tried to get the last train to Clarksville, but was cancelled due to lack of interest!! After that concert at 12 I became Foxy Lady shortly there after and still am, but in a purple haze, and as Daniel Powter says so ya had a bad day?? Oh and going to see Rick Springfield tonight in Vegas for the helluva it...I want to be Jesse's Girl still..(and can still wear the t shirt from his first successes again, and will tonight)...... lol....wanna start an age guessing game?
Mood rings,eartn shoes, bell bottoms, granny dresses, leisure suits & anything tie dyed.
[user=25]discdog[/user] wrote:
Quote:Mood rings,eartn shoes, bell bottoms, granny dresses, leisure suits & anything tie dyed.

We've gotta be within a few years of each other, Discdog! Big Grin

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1