Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP Vintage Sun-Grown
Sat down today and grabbed an RP Vintage Sun-Grown that was gifted to me from a good BOTL on another board.  I lit this one up and was very impressed.  I'm getting to be a big sun-growns fan as I like the AF and Fonseca sun-growns.  This one in online published reviews has been described as being  buttery in flavor, and that's exactly what I discovered.  A buttery-woodsy flavor was very dominant; this one is mild-medium bodied and was a pleaure to behold.  The wrapper was nice and oily, I spent a good portion of the time admiring it's appearance.  No burn issues either, ash was tight and peppery colored, very progressive smoke output.  A 90 in my book.  http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-RZ  I can definitely see why this one is back-ordered.  Dang!.[smokin][nine]
Maduro_Scotty Wrote:Sat down today and grabbed an RP Vintage Sun-Grown that was gifted to me from a good BOTL on another board.  I lit this one up and was very impressed.  I'm getting to be a big sun-growns fan as I like the AF and Fonseca sun-growns.  This one in online published reviews has been described as being  buttery in flavor, and that's exactly what I discovered.  A buttery-woodsy flavor was very dominant; this one is mild-medium bodied and was a pleaure to behold.  The wrapper was nice and oily, I spent a good portion of the time admiring it's appearance.  No burn issues either, ash was tight and peppery colored, very progressive smoke output.  A 90 in my book.  http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-RZ  I can definitely see why this one is back-ordered.  Dang!.[smokin][nine]
Nice Review!  I had a few of those awhile back and was really impressed.  The RP vintage line in general are some of the best smokes on the market, IMO.
Great review thanks.

Bobalouie loves these,he went through 3 bundles of the factory selects in this size in the past month.
I like them for quickies but love the toro size best.