Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Padrón 2000 Natural
[Image: padron_2000.jpg]
Padrón has an outstanding reputation for manufacturing a high quality cigar. Their quality control is a work of art, in itself. I have smoked very few, if any, Padrón’s that were plugged, or that didn’t draw and burn near perfectly. This Padrón Series Robusto is aged for a minimum of 2 and a half years prior to delivery to retailers and is purported to be a medium to full-bodied smoke.

This particular stogie has been sitting in my humidor for nearly 5 months and this is the second in a series of reviews of cigars in this batch.

The appearance of this cigar is nothing that stirs the emotions. It carries the patina of rustic furniture and I would say it has a weathered look. There are no oils evident on the wrapper, but the cigar is firm with just a hint of “spring” to the touch. Though the cigar stops far short of butt ugly, it’s still nothing I would nominate for a “best looking” award.

That said, I am committed to lighting this dwarf, so I lay waste to the cap with my cutter and torch the foot. The light is easy and the burn even. The draw is very smooth and billows of white smoke issue from the lit foot when I puff.

The first few puffs are a bit grassy and that settles into a dry but pleasant note of toasted oats. The ash holds on for an inch, until a low-flying bee startles me enough that I drop the ash on the deck. I give it a 9.5 for a graceful dive.

There is a hint of medium-roast coffee and just enough sweetness to make me want to smack my lips. So I do. The body is medium, as are the flavors, which linger long and layer my palate. Offhand I’d say that I prefer the Padrón Series maduro over the natural. I like the sweet tang of the maduro flavors. Nevertheless, this is a lively little cigar that I would recommend for those who like medium bodied cigars.

The burn and draw on this cigar have been rock solid, which I have come to expect in a Padrón. The dryness of the smoke on the palate, though not unpleasant, makes me want to pair it with a thirst quenching libation, like a soda or water (or sodawater, heh heh), rather than an alcohol beverage.

Overall, this is a nice smoke, which I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase again and would recommend to others.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Thanks Doc,I was torn today between the natural and the maduro.I love the maduro but never had the natural in the regular Padron lineup.I should have gotten the natural,I had too many maduro's in my travle humi today and smoked 2 earlier,but I couldnt resist at $3/ea.
He wants $58/box on the 2000 maduros over here.

Great review,looking foward to trying the naturals.
What a great value cigar from a terrific cigar brand, as we all know. After smoking many, many Padrons... I have to say that there is definitely a difference between their natural and maduro wrappers, especially in flavor. But the difference in appearance is not all that apparent, interestingly enough.

A box of the Padron 2000 Maduro is what got me started on Padron, years and years ago. They were quality back then, and they're still quality cigars today. I have a number of boxes of various Padrons in the tower today; with a mix between the natural and maduro, but favoring the natural wrapper.

I've recently won a series of contests at work, each with a prize of $100 gift-cards, and more victories loom on the horizon. I was trying to decide whether to get:

Bolivar Royal Coronas
and RASS... or:

A box of PANs.
Either the Imperial or the Exclusivo.

Decisions, decisions.
Can you guys help me decide?
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:What a great value cigar from a terrific cigar brand, as we all know. After smoking many, many Padrons... I have to say that there is definitely a difference between their natural and maduro wrappers, especially in flavor. But the difference in appearance is not all that apparent, interestingly enough.

A box of the Padron 2000 Maduro is what got me started on Padron, years and years ago. They were quality back then, and they're still quality cigars today. I have a number of boxes of various Padrons in the tower today; with a mix between the natural and maduro, but favoring the natural wrapper.

I've recently won a series of contests at work, each with a prize of $100 gift-cards, and more victories loom on the horizon. I was trying to decide whether to get:

Bolivar Royal Coronas
and RASS... or:

A box of PANs.

Decisions, decisions.
I would go with RASS and Exclusivo!  I havne't tried the RASS but here they are great.
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:What a great value cigar from a terrific cigar brand, as we all know. After smoking many, many Padrons... I have to say that there is definitely a difference between their natural and maduro wrappers, especially in flavor. But the difference in appearance is not all that apparent, interestingly enough.

Bolivar Royal Coronas
and RASS... or:

A box of PANs.

Decisions, decisions.
PAN Imperials are my all-time favorite cigar.  I ration them out carefully, and save them for those "victory" days.  Go with the PAN Imperials.
Go RASS!Big Grin
Bela,

Me and you are right here Confusedhock: my friend.
Went with your suggestion and got a crazy deal from ET.

I can always get the RASS & RC's another time.
Besides, vudu9 just gifted me a Boli RC to hold me over.
What a helluva guy! Cool

Can't wait to fire up one of those PAN Imperials!!!
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Nice review Doc!!