Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Padron!
Cigar Penguin Wrote:Talking to a couple of shop owners on the prices of padrons they sell,at my price...which in fact is what they pay,comes to around $70ish for #2000.I told them about TNT prices and they said that thats cheaper than what padrom sells them to the stores for.So I have to ask,are these damaged goods,dryed out then re entered a humid,stable enviromet,or some other problem?
Hmmm. Sounds kind of fishy.  One question though.  How do cigar shops make a profit when they only mark up boxes 5 -10 dollars?  Not a very good profit margin.
wingo Wrote:
Cigar Penguin Wrote:Talking to a couple of shop owners on the prices of padrons they sell,at my price...which in fact is what they pay,comes to around $70ish for #2000.I told them about TNT prices and they said that thats cheaper than what padrom sells them to the stores for.So I have to ask,are these damaged goods,dryed out then re entered a humid,stable enviromet,or some other problem?
Hmmm. Sounds kind of fishy.  One question though.  How do cigar shops make a profit when they only mark up boxes 5 -10 dollars?  Not a very good profit margin.

Lower prices get attention. I suppose they would do it for traffic, which leads to more sales, more customers, etc... I'm thinking that's why. Or maybe they got a good deal on that shipment and they're passing the savings onto the customers. Which leads into the first theory...
Hey Rubie, good to see you round here again, where you bin hidin Bro?
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Parkster Wrote:Hey Rubie, good to see you round here again, where you bin hidin Bro?

Hey Dave! I moved into a new aptartment and haven't had internet until today. I was meaning to drop a line and let everyone know I was still around, just no access to the net, but never got to it. How you been man? Gotten in good with anymore mafioso lately?
wingo Wrote:
singles. They may only mark a box up $10, but if they mark each stick up 1-2$ they make a lot more. Plus i'm sure tehy mark others up more than that.
FSU Stogie Wrote:
admin Wrote:Depending on what you want, I probably can be of service Wink

I'm really shocked that their website boldly says JRcigars, Thompsons, and Famous right across the top, and pulls their product prices!   Very interesting....

I remember when Papa John's pizza claimed to have better than Pizza Hut (in a local ad).   Needless to say, they were sued and Pizza Hut won.   We no longer have a Papa Johns!   

I think its slightly different though Eric, they were claiming a better product which is subjective. This site just claims a better price, which is fact.

-Ben
funny thing is though that only applies to some of thier smokes, I found a few that were lower on JR when going back and forth.  I am interested to see how long an advertisement that bold will last, though.
Rubie Wrote:
Parkster Wrote:Hey Rubie, good to see you round here again, where you bin hidin Bro?

Hey Dave! I moved into a new aptartment and haven't had internet until today. I was meaning to drop a line and let everyone know I was still around, just no access to the net, but never got to it. How you been man? Gotten in good with anymore mafioso lately?

I'm already looking forward to next hitch, LOL,  still got 6 days to go here until I get home, but looking forward to getting back and having NO drama for a change. I am concidering just locking myself in my hotel room to see if I can get away with it.

Wink
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why