Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar Storage
mad4maduro Wrote:i just realized i basically repeated dan's response - i should read these threads in full before posting [doh]  Anyway - great minds, baby....great minds....you know what they say

Great minds, indeed! [thumbsup]

[pirate2]
Bogey Wrote:I think I have an answer that will satisfy BOTH ends of the opinion...

While at my local B&M this morning - Finck's in San Antonio (great place if you're in the area) one of the guys said he leaves it in the cello, but clips the majority of it off at both ends, thus it still has it on, but also is open at both ends to the humidity

I like this method a lot. It makes sense to me. [doh]

[pirate2]

Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
crowb8 Wrote:There are a bunch of good arguments on both sides of this issue. Personally, if I'm storing cigars for a time period, I take the cello off. If I'm going to smoke them inside 6 months, I leave it on. For me, it protects the wrapper during handling and transportation.

Dan [pirate2]
i never heard a single good reason for taking it off unless you were lighting it.
Agreed.   I just pack them away as they come and don't worry about it...   I have had cigars with cello that have been stored for quite a few years that have been fantastic.   Plus, the cello is porous and does let humidity pass...