Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel humi/case
So Im going on a bike ride across Iowa during the last week in July.  Now given bikings athletic nature, you would not expect there to be many smokers.  Well there are.  There are the party goers, the addicts, and a few cigar smokes i've found and talked to.  Well I indended to be one of the latter this year.
So I need something to get my sticks out there and keep them safe. 

So I was looking at both a 5 and a 10 ct case.
(5)
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=1811244b3660d4df8fb432f0575cfdcf&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=3400&Category_Code=TVHUMIDORS

(10)
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=1811244b3660d4df8fb432f0575cfdcf&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=X10&Category_Code=TVHUMIDORS

Do you guys have any sugestions?  What brands are good?
Sort of leaning towards the 5 since I cant honestly see myself smoking more then 3 during the week.  But then there might be some time in the future when Ill needs more room. 
I've had my eye on this travel humidor from Xikar.  Pretty sharp looking.

[Image: 860.jpg]
One word: otterbox.  I have the 5 ct and the 25? ct.  Both are stellar in every respect.

The 5 ct's usually go for about $15-17 on cbid.

Tonto got one of those cbid 5 ct herf-a-dors.  Not bad for $5-7 either.

My opinion is for the rigors of biking.  The accidental drop.  The dirt.  The dust.  Go otter. 
I have a 15ct stainless steel/black one with no handle,I'd like one with a handle.

Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:One word: otterbox.  I have the 5 ct and the 25? ct.  Both are stellar in every respect.

The 5 ct's usually go for about $15-17 on cbid.

Tonto got one of those cbid 5 ct herf-a-dors.  Not bad for $5-7 either.

My opinion is for the rigors of biking.  The accidental drop.  The dirt.  The dust.  Go otter. 

Well I should add it wont actually be with me during the day.  All our stuff gets packed up and shoved into a u-haul truck and moved to the next campsite while we're left to fend for ourselves getting there.  There is much pie, beer and great food to distract us on our journy too, so I dont always show up in a timely manner.  Speaking of which, I should make a thread about that ride.. 

But anywho, the ceegars would be with my stuff.  Which is generally left out to bake in the sun until I show up to unpack.  So thats something else Ill have to take into consideration.  I've considered just buying cigars along the way, but unless you want swishers or phillies, that Isnt happening since we roll though dinky little towns, or the big ones we go though, were out on the outskirts of it.
A small thermo electric cooler should be fine,put your desktop or small humidor in the cooler or keep cedar cigar boxes in the cooler,with appropriate humidity devices.
wingo Wrote:I've had my eye on this travel humidor from Xikar.  Pretty sharp looking.

Better snap one asap bro!  I sold out and was told that they are being discontinued!

They are pretty darn nice

~Mark
N2Advnture Wrote:
wingo Wrote:I've had my eye on this travel humidor from Xikar.  Pretty sharp looking.

Better snap one asap bro!  I sold out and was told that they are being discontinued!

They are pretty darn nice

~Mark
CI has a bunch of them.  I'll probably jump on it since they are selling them less than retail.  Thanks for the heads up.  Do you think one of your humi-pucks would work well in one of these cases?
Cigar Penguin Wrote:A small thermo electric cooler should be fine,put your desktop or small humidor in the cooler or keep cedar cigar boxes in the cooler,with appropriate humidity devices.

Not an option.  No power!
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=M-CIO3400&cat=10

I have the 15ct. one [rob]