Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th
What did you do?

I was a bad boy... Started out with some scheduling conflicts so it ended up just me and Deb. We grilled enough meats for 12 people and began to feast while drinking some melon martinis she made. After a brief but memorable rain-out, I began to make Mojitos. In these HUGE 32 oz glasses (took almost 1/4 bottle of rum in each glass!)

then, while fully inibriated, I ran around lighting fireworks that I bough for the first time in about 10 years.

During this, I smoked a Nat Sherman before dinner, then a Camacho Liberty 12th Amendment Corojo (seemed appropriate). And then I heard about Italy so I lit up a CAO Italia.

Turned in around Midnight...

I must say... some of my neighbors are crazy... there's this one house, they move their boat and use the dock to launch their fireworks. About 8 guys lighting fuses about as fast as they can all at the same time. Every year I can't believe these guys survive. It's one heck of a show.

Camacho Liberty, a rather appropriate cigar for the 4th
Laid low with the family, got rained on a little bit, ate A LOT of steak, walked to the neighborhood park for fireworks with the kids in tow in a little tykes wagon, sweated my arse off doing it, then went home and went to bed.

I want to trade with Skip.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Frogman Wrote:Camacho Liberty, a rather appropriate cigar for the 4th
Yep thats what I had. We did not do much. I went to some firework show that lasted 15 minutes and waited 1 hour to get out of the parking lot to go home lol.
[Image: atlanticcigar_1905_75140]
Didn't have a Camacho Liberty, but had a fantastic time.  Grilled up Chicken w/ AVB's BBQ sauce, pork chops rubbed down in Old Bay, buffalo hot dogs and turkey burgers, corn, and then some other stuff that was pre meal snack food, including a thai dip and strawberry sparkling lemonade.  Invited some family over, they brought more food, and we just ate and played music and shot off fireworks and smoked cigars all night, it was awesome and I am totally exhausted.
Sounds like a great time.

But now I'm pissed at myself for not thinking to grab an Italia after the Italy score.  Quick thinking.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:Sounds like a great time.

But now I'm pissed at myself for not thinking to grab an Italia after the Italy score.  Quick thinking.
LOL, my ingenuity was Mojito induced!
did the BBQ thing with wife and mother-in-law.  Sat out in the front yard and smoked an Ashton VSG, then a Soprano and as the fire works started a Partagas series P Torp. 
Never had to leave the front yard.  The fire works are done at the lake 2 1/2 blocks away.
I relaxed in the house with my swetas on and a/c all day/night.I was recupeing from the previous 4 days!
Also saw several professional fireworks from roof deck and local firework displays from yard.
I only smoked one cigar on the 4th.