Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elections
Well it became official yesterday, I am now one step closer to becoming Mayor of the little town I live in. Now all I have to do is beat the sitting guy, which I hope won't be too difficult. I recieved more votes yesterday in the primary than he has the last two elections. So things look good so far.

If I do get elected, first law will be smoking will be ALLOWED in publc places!!

After that, who knows. Maybe a large tax break for anyone opening a nice cigar shop in town.lol
discdog Wrote:Well it became official yesterday, I am now one step closer to becoming Mayor of the little town I live in. Now all I have to do is beat the sitting guy, which I hope won't be too difficult. I recieved more votes yesterday in the primary than he has the last two elections. So things look good so far.

If I do get elected, first law will be smoking will be ALLOWED in publc places!!

After that, who knows. Maybe a large tax break for anyone opening a nice cigar shop in town.lol

DAMN!  A politician in our ranks.

Stogie Chat:
ET - Proprietor
DD - Mayor
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Congratulations! If I come up to visit, do something illegal, you'll give me a pardon, righhht?? Tongue Awesome none the less! Who knows, maybe DD will be the next President! Oh how I long for the day a good cigar smoker is pres. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, PRESIDENT DISCDOG lol has a ring to it, aye?

-Ben
Headley Wrote:
discdog Wrote:Well it became official yesterday, I am now one step closer to becoming Mayor of the little town I live in. Now all I have to do is beat the sitting guy, which I hope won't be too difficult. I recieved more votes yesterday in the primary than he has the last two elections. So things look good so far.

DAMN!  A politician in our ranks.

Stogie Chat:

ET - Proprietor

DD - Mayor
best of luck dd

Hell DD, we can get together and "beat" the opposition! Seriously, best wishes in this. [smokin2]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Congratulations discdog!.  Nothing like getting civically active.  You really could do a lot to annoy the anti-smoking forces where you live.  Oh the possibilities.......Cool
I got on the board of city commissioners 4 years ago and have steadily grown to really dislike the current mayor. He actually lives in the same subdivision as me, sees me every day and has yet to wave or even flip me off. I've been here 8 years & he has been here longer than that.

I started busting him two years ago about some questionalbe actions that he has taken and a few sweetheart deals he has been involved with. Nothing illegal but really deep into the gray area. For some reason he has taken a serious disliking to me. Not sure why.
DD, best of luck and give them hell!!!!!
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
I'm pretty sure that's how I got myself into this in the first place.lol