Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gran Habano 3 Siglos figurado
This is my first review so don't expect much. OK, that said, this is a new edition to Gran Habano, and will offer the same sized they have in their other blends. This cigar is at a guess a 56 ring by 6in, with a sharply tapered belicosa type head. The prelight draw is ...... unfortunately indescribable, it's almost a liquor type flavor, but I just can't put my finger on it. The draw is flawless. The taste is typical Gran Habano, strong leather aroma, with a hint of Cuban earthiness. This cigar is a little harsh, but it has freshly arrived from RTDA, so there's no age on it. .............It's a little green, there are subtle notes that hint it's going to be a great cigar after a few months or so of aging. Towards the middle third it's really starting to settle down and smooth-out, the flavor is really kind of one dimensional, but still very good. The burn and draw are perfect! And the harshness is really starting to subside at the halfway mark. That bizarre prelight taste shows back up in the middle, the only thing I can compare it to is the taste that AF anejos have. Wow what started of as a OK cigar has turned into a powerhouse tasty treat. Thumbs up, this is definitely on my buy list.

Nice review Dave.  I like the #5's and was wondering how this compared to that line?

OTT, sounds similar.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Similar chary taste in the background, but more refined than the #5, I think it's gonna be a dynamite cigar with a year or two of age on it. By the way I'm smoking a Anejo 50 right now to try and compare the comparable notes in the Siglos 3, still can't put my finger on it.
I like the #5's

this is why Big Grin

http://www.halloweenproject.com/wavs/Monster.wav
I know what a gran habano #3 and #5 is,love the 5's,never had the 1 or 3.
I know what a siglo is but whats a siglos figurado?
Is it just the size that makes it a siglos figurado?
The one I smoked was a Belicosa