Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occidental reserve Double Broadleaf
This one was gifted to me from CP... Smoked it as soon as I got home.. Was delivered by the mailman today, along with a ton of others, but I'd always wanted to try one.. so, I cut it with my Palio, and lit it with my disposable bic LOL....

1st Third:  Upon lighting, it reminded me very much of chocolate, and a bit of bittersweetness, with some salty flavors... Very Nice tastes....

2nd Third: Saltiness calmed down and it was lots of woody/chocolatey flavors, with lots of billowing smoke.. Still a great lil smoke...

Last third: Started to get harsher, but not overly so.  Very consistent, all the way to the end, nothing but lots of chocolate, some bittersweet flavors, and a bit of salty and woody flavors.  All in all, a Real nice smoke, not sure what these cost, but I think I'd gladly pay $4-$5/stick for them... Nice smoke.

Burn was near perfect, ash was a LITTLE flakey.  All in all, very nice smoke.
Scott  
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Nice, Scott.

I don't belive these are even a $4 cigar... probably a buck or two less per cigar, by the box
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Im gonna start looking for them.. I have one more to smoke that CP gave me.. if I get the same flavors out of it, then I will definetly have to buy a box.
Scott  
Bearded Dad Blog:

I think Famous has them
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Nice reveiw Scott.Big Grin
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Scott, these are alot like the La Floriditas in that they need a few months rest to bring out the sweet flavors of that maduro.
The 2 you have were from a bundle I purchased 4 months ago so it should be sweet and ready.
From the review you gave it looks like they are.

Thanks for the review and enjoy.

I do believe I grabbed these from  a Famous auction.
It amazes me the difference in tastes here! I had one or two a while back (if i am not mistaken) and i thought they were simply gross. Possibly some of the worst sticks ever. Maybe I just need to try a couple more but I hated those with a passion at the time. YUCK! But if you enjoy them, SMOKE ON BROTHER! Smile

-Ben
FSU Stogie...were they aged slightly...ya know,like 6 months or better?

Try one aged.

By the way,if anyone would like to try these,I have a bundle left....a few months old.
You know I dont mind shareing and careing!Big Grin
Now that I think of it, it was slightly fresh, only sat in my humi about 2 months at most. Maybe I will have to give it another go! I am stopping by my BM today to try and con some ESGs out of him! Smile But I'll pick up one of these while im there to try and form a new opinion!

-Ben
Thanks to CP, I think Im gonna order a bundle to put a few months on.. Thanks CP! I still have one sitting in the humi, but I think I will give it a couple months, just to see what its like.
Scott   
Bearded Dad Blog: