Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a dealer
lumbergh Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:whatever state you get licensed in will demand scrutiny of your books for their tobacco taxes. This means each and every cigar you smoke bought under your own license will need to be taxed. A very limited umber can be passed off as gifts and damaged goods.

At the end of the day every stick must be accounted for. Of course you can say you shipped them out of state, but then you'd need to provide P&L statements for the sale and income tax on both the state and federal level.

I can see it now. "I'm sorry Mr. Tobacco Tax guy, all my inventory becomes damaged and I can't seem to turn a profit"

Tobacco tax guy: "well how does that happen?"

Me: "Smoke damage"

Big Grin
LOL, Big Grin
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Ive thought about this too, and honestly,  I may buy the local shop that I go to.  The owner wants to move back to his hometown of pensylvania, and will be selling the shop in a year or so.  Of course, if this tobacco tax that is looming on the horizon goes through, that store will never survive.
Scott   
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Poriggity Wrote:Ive thought about this too, and honestly,  I may buy the local shop that I go to.  The owner wants to move back to his hometown of pensylvania, and will be selling the shop in a year or so.  Of course, if this tobacco tax that is looming on the horizon goes through, that store will never survive.
Scott   
Yeah, becareful how you vote this year.  100% tax is trying to get through.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Ive heard conflicting info on this tax.. that it could be anywhere from 100-150% increase... This blows...
Scott  
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com