Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar Register
I gave it about 15 minutes, and it seems pretty cool.

I haven't decided if I want to input each of my 392 sticks into it though!
Im still trying to figure it all out.. I think I will go write down all my sticks now and input them.
Scott   
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Interesting software...  perhaps I'll give it a try.  I've been meaning to get something up and running.  I tried the Cigar Briefcase but it was just such a pain in the y'know what to keep up with.  I would like to keep an active inventory though...  Thanks!
JoeBob Wrote:I gave it about 15 minutes, and it seems pretty cool.

Well you could always start from this point on, everything you buy and smoke just log it in.Big Grin
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Personally, I've decided to go with the latest bar code and scanning tools to keep up with my humidor.

Seriously though I would love to know what all I had by looking at a program but I just can't seem to keep up with it. I tried cigar briefcase as well but never got back around to it after a computer crash.
JoeBob Wrote:I gave it about 15 minutes, and it seems pretty cool.

JoeBob,

We designed the software so that the users can use each section separately. That means that if you don't want to use the inventory part you can still use it to add your cigar ratings, manage your wishlist, etc...

It's up to you! Wink

Peter
Cigar Penguin Wrote:Welcome to the gang here at stogiechat.
Thanks for comeing over here Pete............still waiting for linux version though.WinkTongue

Will this work with win2003?

Hi Cigar Penguin,

I'm not too confident about the linux version right now... Smile But give us some time and we'll see what we can do.

We have not tested under win2003 but I guess it should work. Report us if you tried please!

Thanks,
Peter
Hello Peter and welcome to the forum.   I hope you stick around and post as well!

I do have a couple of questions about the software before I download it.  

1)  Does it already have a library of cigar information, or do you have to type everything in as you go?

2)  If its an empty database....  is there any way to import from a text file or Excel sheet?    I have a nice database that I can export in comma delimited, CSV, or plain unformatted text.   That should would save on the fingers for those of us who have a huge list of cigars!

Smile

admin Wrote:Hello Peter and welcome to the forum.   I hope you stick around and post as well!

I do have a couple of questions about the software before I download it.  

1)  Does it already have a library of cigar information, or do you have to type everything in as you go?

2)  If its an empty database....  is there any way to import from a text file or Excel sheet?    I have a nice database that I can export in comma delimited, CSV, or plain unformatted text.   That should would save on the fingers for those of us who have a huge list of cigars!

Smile

It has a cigar database of about 38oo cigars built in already, but you can always add additional cigars if you can't find what you're looking for. No imports available this time.
I was futzing around with it this past weekend and actually like it a lot.  Peter, if you can line up a baby sitter so I can find 4 or 5 hours to load everything that would be great Wink.

I actually found it pretty easy to use but if you have a lot of sticks in the humidor already it'll take a while to catch it up.  Still may be worth it.  One good and bad point:

It's really cool to be able to hunt through your stash via the database and then be able to virtually fire it up and have it removed from the inventory.

The only bad thing is, virtually firing one up limits the amount of time you get to stare at your little babies while they're napping.

Peter, didn't notice on the program but is there a way to note an approximate location of a box in a humi or which humi it might be in?  Many folks have either large cabinets or multiple humi's/coolers so it might be cool to see where it is in your inventory.

Thanks for the product.  Best one I've seen yet.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.