Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La Vieja Habana Chateau Cedar #2
I managed to get in on a one day sale on the LVH's.. I bit on the #2's.  I'd only had one in my smoking life, and could not recall if I enjoyed it.  Well, at $17.95/box for the sale, I couldn't pass it up.. So I bought a box.. And now, after smoking one, I think I should have bought more than one box.  Anyhow, on to the review.  

The stick before lighting had a great smell to it.  Lots of leathery cedar smell.  It was firm, with just the right amount of spring when squeezed upon.
[Image: 35739.jpg]

I cut it with my trusty Palio cutter, and the cut was flawless, as per the usual.
I then lit it, and was surprised to find a sturdy ash, that was light grey in color.
[Image: 35740.jpg]

I was pleasantly suprised to find that it was burning razor straight, and the ash from a mixed filler cigar was holding pretty decent.  I got a lot of cedar and woodsy flavors out of this smoke, when I was on the 1st third.

As I continued to smoke, I could tell the ash wanted to let go, so instead of trying to hold on to it, I gave it a light flick into my stinky ashtray.  I got about an inch or so of ash before I flicked it.  My biggest concern was I did not want to drop ash all over my laptop...
[Image: 35741.jpg]

It was now that the burn started to get a little funny, but one touchup with the torch was all that was needed to straighten it out:
[Image: 35742.jpg]

As I touched it up, I removed the band, which came off fairly effortlessly.  I then continued to smoke, and the burn after that did not falter.  Great burn, lots of billowing smoke, and the leather/wood/cedar flavors continued, with the cedar flavor poking its head out a little more once I got to the end.  

I then decided it was time to pitch it in the stinky ashtray when it got this low:
[Image: 35745.jpg]

All in all, I feel I got a great stick for the money!  While it doesnt change flavors every 3rd of the cigar, it does stay consistently good, and that is why I will ALWAYS have a stock of them in my humidor.  I paid $17.95 plus shipping for this box on sale, but even at the regular price of $22.95 these are WELL worth the money.  Great smoke!
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

The shop on the corner has a few boxes of various sizes sitting there for as long as I can remember...a year maybe longer,the box code was 2000 I believe.
I will try one,what the hey.

Thanks for the detailed review.
Great pic review Scott.  I'm sorry I passed this deal up.  I didn't want to buy something I haven't had before.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Po and CP, you both have PM's... Big GrinTongue

Scott  
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Poriggity Wrote:Po and CP, you both have PM's... Big GrinTongue

Scott  
Got it thanks Big Grin
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
I went ahead and picked up a box of the #1's at a Famous Auction for $16.95 plus ship.  I'm glad to hear it's not a dog rocket. Mine should be here today!

Nice review Scott.  Keep them coming!

Excellent reviews and pics there Scott.Smile  Your description of the flavor & the condition of the cigar as you are smoking it, are what makes it a great buy for the money.  I'll probably have one today as a matter of fact.[cigar]