Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Smoker?
Skip,

No I haven't gotten anything yet. I was going to, but something came up & it looks like I'll have to wait for the spring.

I'm used to seeing large recipes....my father was a baker & when he said a recipe had 4 eggs in it, he really meant 4 dozen! He was also able to crack & seperate 4 eggs at a time in 1 hand.

If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
If all goes well, I should get the smoker this week!! Smile
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:If all goes well, I should get the smoker this week!! Smile
[party4][party4][party4][party4][party4][party4][party4][party4][party4][party4][party4]
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Thanks for the link Po! Smile

Those look perfect to me. No, I won't be doing a hole pig! LOL

Some briskets, ribs, pork, etc. That sort of thing. Are there any good sources for recipes?
better a whole pig than doing a pig hole...
Did the smoker arrive Jan??
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I just have not had the time to go get it.  Sad

Maybe tomorrow.

I've been on "vacation"all week & doing things with the kids etc.
OK...after all the delays & everything else, I finally had the time to get the smoker this morning!

Now I just have to take it out of the van & put it together! Big Grin

Stupid question though...does it need to be "seasoned" or anything like that?
Congrats Jan!!!!

Yes, it should be seasoned.  You can spray the whole inside with PAM or rub the inside with vegtable oil/crisco.  Then light a fire, keep it going for a few hours around 300* and you will be all set.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:Congrats Jan!!!!

Yes, it should be seasoned.  You can spray the whole inside with PAM or rub the inside with vegtable oil/crisco.  Then light a fire, keep it going for a few hours around 300* and you will be all set.

Thanks Mark!

Does it make a difference which type of pam? The regular or the one made for grills?
It really dosnt matter, I have used the regular one multiple times.  I like using Pam the best since you can get everything coated pretty easy.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"