Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CI questions
discdog Wrote:Maduro Pips wrote:

Now concerning the Padilla Miami's.....this is an odd story. When I originally placed the order...I contemplated with my cigar buddy Vinnie. I looked at the site MULTIPLE times...and then finally pulled the trigger. The deal was that we would split the box of 10, 5 a piece. Now for $120.00+, whatever it was, it made sense. Now when the box arrived...there were only 5! Now I know what I saw and based on visiting the site multiple times, I knew I wasn't seeing things. I called CI right away and they said no, its only 5. I quickly went to the website and suddenly it is 5. Intially it didnt make sense that they would be $25/stick or else I probably wouldn't have purchased it. Now of course they only come in 5 packs, not 10. Well something was shady there and they didnt have answers.

I have three boxes of the Solomen's all from local B&M's, and they only come in boxes of 5. They are also in "plain cedar" boxes unlike the normal 8-11's. Maybe one of the vendors here can answer this? 

I've seen the varnished boxes of 5 that Pips is talking about at Holt's but am certainly going to bow to DD's knowledge of the Miami and Pepin line as I think he now has direct deposit with them Wink.

I will only buy lesser known brands from CI or the Gurkha Legends since they always have good deals on them.  I've never been screwed by the site but agree with Pips that all these stories make me uneasy about them.  I'll just continue to avoid ANY AND ALL mainstream sticks as they rarely end up as being a good deal.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Gy the way, the 10 pack of Legends I got for $35 on Wednesday just showed up today in pristine condition Wink.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Headley Wrote:

Now concerning the Padilla Miami's.....this is an odd story. When I originally placed the order...I contemplated with my cigar buddy Vinnie. I looked at the site MULTIPLE times...and then finally pulled the trigger. The deal was that we would split the box of 10, 5 a piece. Now for $120.00+, whatever it was, it made sense. Now when the box arrived...there were only 5! Now I know what I saw and based on visiting the site multiple times, I knew I wasn't seeing things. I called CI right away and they said no, its only 5. I quickly went to the website and suddenly it is 5. Intially it didnt make sense that they would be $25/stick or else I probably wouldn't have purchased it. Now of course they only come in 5 packs, not 10. Well something was shady there and they didnt have answers.

I have three boxes of the Solomen's all from local B&M's, and they only come in boxes of 5. They are also in "plain cedar" boxes unlike the normal 8-11's. Maybe one of the vendors here can answer this? 

I've seen the varnished boxes of 5 that Pips is talking about at Holt's but am certainly going to bow to DD's knowledge of the Miami and Pepin line as I think he now has direct deposit with them Wink.

I will only buy lesser known brands from CI or the Gurkha Legends since they always have good deals on them.  I've never been screwed by the site but agree with Pips that all these stories make me uneasy about them.  I'll just continue to avoid ANY AND ALL mainstream sticks as they rarely end up as being a good deal.
Please note, I ask for a vendor's take on this. But I will be finding out this weekend as now I'm curious too. Tongue
discdog Wrote:
Headley Wrote:

Please note, I ask for a vendor's take on this. But I will be finding out this weekend as now I'm curious too. Tongue
On antoher note, Famous Smoke's auctions have been great to me in the past.  Got a box of MB3 Torps for under $130 a couple of weeks ago and here they are again.

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/cigars/search/aucstats.cfm/auctionnum/111418

More well-known cigars tend to stay a little better on price here and can be had at good discounts.

excellent point on both counts jimbo! 

the gurkha legends are the only thing i buy from cbid now.  at 3-4 a stick it's much better than 20 in the store.

famous' yankee auctions are awesome.  when they have 40 or so lots you can usually score a steal. 

I totally agree DD and know that they only come in boxes of 5. I was trying to point out that they could have been misleading on the website or played with some numbers to possibly gained quick sales of this high priced item and then quickly change it. Who knows... I could have been unsure if I only went once...but I went back to that page like 5 times before checking out. Well the end result...I avoid CI now...
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Maduro PiPs Wrote:

I totally agree DD and know that they only come in boxes of 5. I was trying to point out that they could have been misleading on the website or played with some numbers to possibly gained quick sales of this high priced item and then quickly change it. Who knows... I could have been unsure if I only went once...but I went back to that page like 5 times before checking out. Well the end result...I avoid CI now...
When Skipper posted his experience with them last year I started watching for this. I have seen it happen once or twice so I avoid cbid now. I wouldn't doubt for a minute that they do exactly that to increase interest.
there ya go....
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007