Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead like me
Anyone watch this show?

I must admit, I never heard of it. Then my GF rented a disk or 2 and I caught an episode... WOW! This has to be one of the best shows ever. Witty, funny, emotional... covers the entire spectrum in a dry comic way... I wish it was still on. I have about 8 episodes left before I'm done.
Never heard of it before.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
I love that show! Dark humor done right.

SciFi Channel's been running double episodes on Tuesday evenings, right before their funny, albeit uneven, new show "Eureka."

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Neither did I until around 2 or 3 weeks ago...

let me give you the premise...

This angry but cute young girl falls victim to this incredibly odd accident.. and dies.

The accident? A toilet form the space station didn't burn up and fell on her.

She is standing there watching people run to her rescue but her body is in pieces... but she isn't... Someone is with her and he begins to explain how things work.

Apparently everything is by divine intervention. People die according to schedule. To help this along these little creatures called gravelings make the accidents happen. In order to spare you from an eternity of pain (caused by the accident) reapers "free your soul". They get a post-it with your name, location and a time of death on it and they have to touch you within 5 minutes of your death thereby freeing your soul. If they do not your after-life body (or soul) will be maimed as your body was.

These reapers also help you along into the light.

This girl, named Georgia, [Image: george.jpg]

is designated to be a reaper. She is an "undead". People see her as a different person except the other reapers. Her reaper group is assigned to accidents (& man, let me tell you they come up with some doosies). Of course she wants to know why she is a reaper, but no one can tell her. She also wants to know when it will end and whats next. All they can say is the time is not known, can be years or hundreds of years and then she will probably go where the normal dead people go...

Being undead means she cant die, but she needs to function like a normal person as well as doing her reaping. She has to work, eat, lodge, etc. It seems they can steal from the recently dead too, but it is frowned upon. Often they reapers squat in the recently dead apartments. So you have this juxtaposition of Georgia's 2 or 3 lives. Her life before she died, her reaper persona and her working life (which is hysterical in it's own right)

She also wants to know all sorts of things but there are few answers and many theories...

Makes you think.

Quite entertaining too.  She is so darn sarcastic it's a trip!

I started watching mid-season (via DVD)... then I saw the pilot. The pilot has things a little different.. it appears they made some adjustments. I like the show better with the adjustments. So if you see the pilot and find it less than a smash, give a few regular shows a chance.

For those of you with patients, the Sci Fi Channel is showing it.

http://www.deadlikeme.tv/index.php

Oh some of the other reapers are a trip too...

One guy is a druggie... he gets into all sorts of trouble.

The head reaper, Rube, is very quiet and gives a strong persona with some sort of heavy secret.

One girl is a hottie from around 70 years ago...

One women ais a cop.

Every morning they meet at a diner, have breakfast and get their reap assignments.

The show is about their reaps and clips form Georgia trying to make her life (and her regrets having died at age 18 isolating herself form all her friends and family as so many teanagers do)
The wife and I love it,and also watch Eureka right after it. on sci fi