Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'85 Cuban Davidoff
finally summoned the courage to tackle this ordinance, delivered quite a while ago by one of lz's B-2's. mil gracias, amigo.

[Image: c.jpg]

he warned me they were a bit hit and miss, some having cruised past their prime (i think mark had one like that). i sure as hell am no expert in beautifully preserved vintage habanos, but i'd guess mine fell somewhere in between stellar and merely spectacular.

[Image: c-1.jpg]

slightly firm draw, but still fine. very light initial profile, mostly delicate wood notes along with some very light tea. about a third of the way in, those same flavors intensified a bit, becoming a bit more roasty, though still extremely refined. this is where i suspect it may have had more flavor and depth a few years ago. it just seemed to be an echo (a lovely echo, mind you) of something more substantial in origin.

[Image: c-2.jpg]

in the end, a fine, fine smoke (i'd give it a 92). the overall experience and chance to smoke a once in a lifetimer, of course, was priceless.

a final note... at one point an inch or so of ash fell, bounced off my lap with a thud, and fell another couple feet to the ground with an audible thump. by far the gnarliest ash integrity i've seen.Confusedhock:
You are quite lucky to have smoked such a fine cigar!! There are not too many folks out there who will have the same opportunity you have....It sound's like you enjoyed it..
Glad you enjoyed it, when they are on they are on and from the pic's that was a choice one. I don't open the tubes so I never know exactly what condition they are in. 
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"