Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar Lockers
I'm joining a cigar club this weekend that has cigar lockers.  I spoke with the owner today and he said that the only cigars you can store in your locker is cigars you purchase in the store, is this the norm?  I was kinda hoping that I could get a locker and put some of my favs from home in there for when I head up there.  For $222 a year I can't put my own cigars in......lame.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Does seem lame.  I suppose it's couched as a liability issue for the club, beetles, illegal cigars, etc. I don't really know. I have some cigars stored in the uk and can add what I please. 
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
That sucks... Either way they're making money off of the deal. What's the upkeep for letting someone use a locker? Not much I'd think. So, $222 bucks for a small space is profit enough. Of course I could be missing something, I'm not in the business. Anyone know a good defense to this?
Rubie Wrote:That sucks... Either way they're making money off of the deal. What's the upkeep for letting someone use a locker? Not much I'd think. So, $222 bucks for a small space is profit enough. Of course I could be missing something, I'm not in the business. Anyone know a good defense to this?
Yeah well not to mention the signup fee is $100 and the monthly fee is $23. 
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark, can you bring in your own cigar, sit down & light it up?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Mark, can you bring in your own cigar, sit down & light it up?
Yes, you can bring all of your own cigars, you just can't store your own cigars in their lockers, it has to be purchased there.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Mark, can you bring in your own cigar, sit down & light it up?
Yes, you can bring all of your own cigars, you just can't store your own cigars in their lockers, it has to be purchased there.

That sucks.    Sad

How would they know if you put your own cigars in the locker? They don't "inspect" them, do they?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Mark Wrote:

That sucks.    Sad

How would they know if you put your own cigars in the locker? They don't "inspect" them, do they?

I honestly don't know.  I do know that the lockers are in a seperate room from the club that is locked, so I'm sure you have to ask someone to let you into the lockers.

Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
lz6 Wrote:Does seem lame.  I suppose it's couched as a liability issue for the club, beetles, illegal cigars, etc. I don't really know. I have some cigars stored in the uk and can add what I please. 

Bob may have hit this one on the head. That makes more sense to me than anything else, and it's hard to argue with.

**I agree w/Parksters post below. |
                                                        |
                                                        |
                                                       \ /
I getthe feeling you are being goughed Mark.

All of the money for the membership should surely cover the fact that you may not buy any cigars from him, as I think he is covering his bets by having you stock up from his stock as well as your fee's.

I would take my hard earned somewhere else.

:X
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why