Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wanna Die
Cigar Penguin Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Mark Wrote:Cool!  Thats why I love living in New England, the seafood here is amazing.
Best in the world.Cool
Not quite.Cool

New Jersey is better? :?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........right.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Not saying Jersey is better but haveing worked on a commercial boat,we ship the same grounds as you on the long hauls.I Live by the commercial marinas and have a ton of fisheries here,so I have had fresh seafood similar to yours.Hmm,not better,just as good.
There are some better rockey points from Mass. on up to maine along the coast yielding way better and bigger Lobster though.

The northwest has great seafood areas too,some better than east coast sea food industry.
Cigar Penguin Wrote:The northwest has great seafood areas too,some better than east coast sea food industry.
Yes we do Smile
Fresh lobster from Australia is unbelievable.  Its more fun when you are actually there to enjoy it!
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
Bobgun Wrote:Fresh lobster from Australia is unbelievable.  Its more fun when you are actually there to enjoy it!
Even more fun when catching them with your hands while diveing.
Cigar Penguin Wrote:
Bobgun Wrote:Fresh lobster from Australia is unbelievable.  Its more fun when you are actually there to enjoy it!
Even more fun when catching them with your hands while diveing.

Not so much fun when Lobster catches you! Confusedhock: Tongue
Cigar Penguin Wrote:Not saying Jersey is better but haveing worked on a commercial boat,we ship the same grounds as you on the long hauls.I Live by the commercial marinas and have a ton of fisheries here,so I have had fresh seafood similar to yours.Hmm,not better,just as good.
There are some better rockey points from Mass. on up to maine along the coast yielding way better and bigger Lobster though.

The northwest has great seafood areas too,some better than east coast sea food industry.

I think many people don't really know of NJs seafood, due to them being butt of many jokes and push there produce.

Some of the best sea food i've ever had was from NJ.

Ace$nyper Wrote:
Cigar Penguin Wrote:Not saying Jersey is better but haveing worked on a commercial boat,we ship the same grounds as you on the long hauls.I Live by the commercial marinas and have a ton of fisheries here,so I have had fresh seafood similar to yours.Hmm,not better,just as good.

I think many people don't really know of NJs seafood, due to them being butt of many jokes and push there produce.

Some of the best sea food i've ever had was from NJ.

The waters from Maine down to the southern reaches of NJ are the best in the world. While places like Florida may hold more fish, they are basically coral reef fish and are prone to developing toxins. They look better in your tank than on your dinner plate. The area known as the NY bight is incredibly rich in sea life and everything that can be caught there is edible and delictable. Flounder, Fluke, Sea Bass, Stripers, Blue Fish, Mahi, Tuna (yes, we do catch Mahi Mahi & Tuna in the NY Bight... I have pictures), black fish or Tataug, eel, porgy, so much more... The comercial industry that is sustained in this region is larger than any other states. It is incredible... Oh yeah, plenty of Lobster too (in fact so much so on some days... I know people sho have snagged lobster while fishing with their hooks!)
As a MA native I find it hard to aregue with the assertion that NE seafood may be the best in the world, butI have had great elsewhere, FLA, maryland crab, and I had a chowder with Geoducks from out west in it once that was fabulous.  F'in A I am stuck in Ohio now though.

TomC

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool