Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about a fan in my humidor?
hey all-

at the advice of some of the other guys, i put an oust fan in my humidor. now, normally its no big deal, but i recently got a good sized shipment in of cigars, and i'm a little tight on room. the fan fits on the bottom, but i have to pack it right up against cigars. and i point it upward. http://www.thompsoncigar.com/default.aspx?page=product&sender=csearch&uid=584 is my humidor, and the little fan lays on the bottom pointing straight up. my question is, is it actually doing any good? or should i just pull it?
i'm sure it's doing something.  maybe not necessarily all the air movement that you're hoping for but it is moving air.  in a humi that size you should be ok i would think. 

may i recommend dr. stogiefresh's journal entry on building your own fan system if you want to go crazy.
i actually checked it out a while ago. being that i work at radioshack, i have all the parts he used in the description. i just don't really want to drill a hole in my humi. and i can't come up with another way to power it. i wonder if i could modify a oasis power strip? hmm...
scott81425 Wrote:i actually checked it out a while ago. being that i work at radioshack, i have all the parts he used in the description. i just don't really want to drill a hole in my humi. and i can't come up with another way to power it. i wonder if i could modify a oasis power strip? hmm...
more power arh arh arh.  Wink
I have over 1600 smokes in coolers and 3 desktops.  None of them have a fan and I haven't had any problems in 14 years plus.......
Herfnerd Wrote:I have over 1600 smokes in coolers and 3 desktops.  None of them have a fan and I haven't had any problems in 14 years plus.......
Ditto
don't sweat the small stuff & become obsessed.

I'm sure they'll be fine.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles