Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YAY NEW ENGLAND
Dude NE didnt play that well, at all.  If SD was half as good as their hype, they would have won this thing going away.  Seriously the Patsies did their best to gag it away but Schottenheimer would not be denied!! They were celbrating like idiots at the end of the game because they couldnt believe that you could play that shitty a playoff game and still win it.

How can you blame the refs for the Pats sucking just a tad bit less.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Tommy2guns Wrote:All i'm gonna say is...No matter what,it was great football to watch.

That much is true, not matter the team you backed.

Tomc
oh come on guys lay off marty.  if half these players in professional sports (i'm trying real hard to toe the race line here Tongue) would learn how to play their respective games and play them like they've been there before these things would never happen.  4 and forever and you try to intercept the pass??? knock it down for chrissake...they asked the tool later...his answer?? i wanted to score.  bungalo bill was right.  freaking espn.  everyone wants a highlight.

True the pats weren't up to their best playing ability,but the back and forth possession was what made the game exciting for me.I don't feel they should have won but it wasn't a blowout ,so they did earn it.At any rate if the pats don't play better than that they are in for a dissappointment.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:oh come on guys lay off marty.  if half these players in professional sports (i'm trying real hard to toe the race line here Tongue) would learn how to play their respective games and play them like they've been there before these things would never happen.  4 and forever and you try to intercept the pass??? knock it down for chrissake...they asked the tool later...his answer?? i wanted to score.  bungalo bill was right.  freaking espn.  everyone wants a highlight.

I realize the state of pro sports is that the coach does not have nearly the sway he did in the past. I just mention it because on paper the Bolts were a clearly superior team, and they played sloppy and did not come as compared to win as tghey should.  Now mind you Belichek was no genius this past sunday himself, just at some point that has to reflect on someone.   As someone who has to deal with Browns fans ("the Drive" & "the Fumble" on Schotty's watch here, evidently), I think hes the victim of a lot of shitty horrible luck.  But you cant keep dealing with losses like that, it has to be hard on the psyche.

TomC
you've got to forgive marty a lot of things in his career.  what elway did was incredible.  you just have to tip your hat.  but in the same respect you have to tip your hat to marty for getting there with a team whose best player was who?  bernie kosar?  ernest byner?  and even then it was a fumble that ultimately sank him.  beyond his control.

in the end you just get a rap and it sticks.  that's why i hate all this 24-7 sports talk where house bound agoraphobes spout the newest bs they just read on joe schmo's blog and this is why they understand the 3-4 defense because in madden...bla bla bla.

you win 14 games in this league i tip my hat to you.  plain and simple.

i wonder what these same folks were saying about bellichek after his foray in cleveland.  Smile
Believe me I am not saying fire the man.  You can argue general playoff inexperience for his team, especially Phillip Rivers.  Now that he has a game under his belt, they will be more of force in future years.

TomC
SD is a wide receiver away from being a top 2 contender for the superbowl.