Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone ever have beetles?
ok, an update. i went through all my cigars tonight. inspected each one. tapped it and everything. i noticed one that i considered suspicious, although its hole didn't look perfect like the one in the pics. gave it the tap test, nothing. so, i lit it up. smoked it. noticed nothing out of the ordinary. i think i just worry too much.
wingo Wrote:Do you guys regularly check your smokes for beetles, say a monthly inspection?

-or

Do you inspect them when you see a hole?
I go through a ritual every Saturday starting at 6:00am. I start with the desktops and work through the coolers. The desk tops I usually just do a cursory inspection, mainly just visual, but the coolers I go through at least every box in 4 of them so they are all inspected at least once a month. But I do tend to be a little anal about beetles and mold, both scare the hell out of me, so I guess it's worth the peace of mind.
thanks for the info MikeD too.....
discdog Wrote:
wingo Wrote:Do you guys regularly check your smokes for beetles, say a monthly inspection?

-or

Do you inspect them when you see a hole?
I go through a ritual every Saturday starting at 6:00am. I start with the desktops and work through the coolers. The desk tops I usually just do a cursory inspection, mainly just visual, but the coolers I go through at least every box in 4 of them so they are all inspected at least once a month. But I do tend to be a little anal about beetles and mold, both scare the hell out of me, so I guess it's worth the peace of mind.
that sounds like work... I check from time to time, but not too thoroughly