Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An alternative view on Aging
[user=35]Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo[/user] wrote:
Quote:obviously not... it was just a point to ponder

Sure... it'd be interesting to try, though... if you had a spare humidor, put those candles in there and see if they don't hold their scent better.
moki Wrote:[user=35]Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo[/user] wrote:

Sure... it'd be interesting to try, though... if you had a spare humidor, put those candles in there and see if they don't hold their scent better.
"spare" - meaning one you never intend on using as a humidor again.
I found much of what the author said to be very good. But honestly I can not remember ever having a cigar older than 4 or 5 years, and I have been smoking a very long time.
I do have a couple very large fuente Maduros ( bigger than the canones ) that are about 10 years old. and a couple figurados that are about 6 years old.  Just have not been able to bring myself to smoke the Fuentes. I bought them on my Honeymoon.  I was going to smoke one when we had our first child but Felicia's Brain tumor stopped us from having Kids.   Then I foound out I had a daughter i did not know about, maybe I will smoke one when I finally see her face to face.
But I wander from the subject. I do find aged cigars to be better than fresh rolled or young cigars ( anything less than 8 months of age ).
[user=7]bartok[/user] wrote:
Quote:

You could make it your holding pen for Lars Teten and Acid cigars too Smile
moki Wrote:[user=7]bartok[/user] wrote:
Quote:

You could make it your holding pen for Lars Teten and Acid cigars too Smile
OK, Moki.  You win.  I concede that Lars Teten's and Acid's would not be any worse after storage in such a humidor.  Nor would they be any worse if you stored them in the humidor with lit scented candles.  Wink
the fact remains... at any humidity less than 100% some evaporation or oil will occur. So the question is, will there be a point that after so much oil is lost that the cigar tastes flat.

I think the answer is, Maybe.

Bulz will say yes in a heartbeat. In fact the El Cobres he only likes with 3 to 12 weeks on them After that they go soft in his mind.