Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I USED to want to be a cop
There are rules for cops becasue what seperates criminals and non crimnials are rules and the choice to obey them. there are protocols for a reason, some are stupid some arnt'. I'm glad there are rules for cops and in some cases they should be a whole hell fo a lot stricter, and some more leanient. becasue just liek every other proffesion, there are some cops that absolutly suck and some that are good. I too wanted to be a cop at one time, tokk all the tests, scored very well on them, wasted 2 year and a few thouseand dollars gettin acriminal justice degree only to find out educated white male have no place in law enforcement. if i was anythign other than a white male i would be retiring from the N state police in 3 years with a pension a whole hell of a lot higher than my current salary. I almost dropped dead when i found out what they are making today.
IMHO I dont think we pay them enough
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:IMHO I dont think we pay them enough
I knew sombody would bring that up. Not a single one of them was forced to be a cop, they know what the salary is still choose to take the job. IMO $85K, before ot and before court time and before uniform allowance after 7 years is pretty damn good. That may not get you more than a 1 room flat in NY city but that is an extremely good salary for the rest of the state.
without question.  an unprecedented truth.
Beerlord Wrote:
I knew sombody would bring that up. Not a single one of them was forced to be a cop, they know what the salary is still choose to take the job. IMO $85K, before ot and before court time and before uniform allowance after 7 years is pretty damn good. That may not get you more than a 1 room flat in NY city but that is an extremely good salary for the rest of the state.
Nobody twisted my arm to be a cop...I don't make anywhere near that salary. A vast majority of LEO do not.

I knew what the job paid when I signed up...No problem. Would I like to make more...You bet.

Beerlord...I detect a little bitterness in your posts on this thread. I hope you have not had experences with cops. Most are careing folks just trying to get by in the world...

cigarsarge Wrote:
Beerlord Wrote:
Nobody twisted my arm to be a cop...I don't make anywhere near that salary. A vast majority of LEO do not.

I knew what the job paid when I signed up...No problem. Would I like to make more...You bet.

Beerlord...I detect a little bitterness in your posts on this thread. I hope you have not had experences with cops. Most are careing folks just trying to get by in the world...

no bitterness, except for teh whole affirmative action thing. I've had/have a whole lot of contact  with le, about 70% are decent (excluding the citry of Buffalo cops, than teh number drops dramatically). and i have a hard time witht them beign under paid when they have an income more than twice that of what the average family income is in the area. I have an even hard time iwththe teachers in the area who pump out kids who can't find the west coast on a map and make over $100k for 9 months work.