Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XBOX 360 or PS3
DigitalAnvil Wrote:
Rubie Wrote:Well said. Nobody can catch Nintendo's first party effort. Some of the greatest games of all time come straight from Nintendo.

Very true, unfortunately what Nintendo has been lacking the last few generations is really good third party support. Im still hoping for some good, creative 3rd party games for the system, otherwise it might not get very much attention from me again until Mario Galaxy comes out.

Whats your Gamertag, Rubie? And have you tried the Crackdown demo? I think its pretty cool, and I can imagine online co-op will be a blast.
I hear ya, the 3rd party support has been lacking. Nintendo's been pretty vocal about getting 3rd party games this round though, so I'm thinking it will only get better from here.

My gamertag is Rubric. If you want, send me a friend request & we can hook up. The crackdown demo wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Wasn't that great either. I mean, it's a neat looking game, but it's not next-gen'ish. Does that make sense? It controls a little "clunky" too. Sorry if this isn't making sense, that's the best way I can describe it.
DigitalAnvil Wrote:
Rubie Wrote:Well said. Nobody can catch Nintendo's first party effort. Some of the greatest games of all time come straight from Nintendo.

Very true, unfortunately what Nintendo has been lacking the last few generations is really good third party support. Im still hoping for some good, creative 3rd party games for the system, otherwise it might not get very much attention from me again until Mario Galaxy comes out.

Whats your Gamertag, Rubie? And have you tried the Crackdown demo? I think its pretty cool, and I can imagine online co-op will be a blast.
I will add one caveat:  I am not a hardcore gamer.  The most games I have had for a system (the GameCube) at one time was roughly 20. So if you need a million games to play I can understand the hesitance of Wii's third party support.  Personally if I am only going to have a dozen to twenty games through the whole systems cycle, I want to make sure they are all GREAT, and Nintendo's first party games generally come through.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Rubie Wrote:My gamertag is Rubric. If you want, send me a friend request & we can hook up. The crackdown demo wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Wasn't that great either. I mean, it's a neat looking game, but it's not next-gen'ish. Does that make sense? It controls a little "clunky" too. Sorry if this isn't making sense, that's the best way I can describe it.

k, I will send you a request next time Im on Live. As for Crackdown, I can see some of your complaints. While its certainly not the greatest looking game, it still looked pretty good, imo, and ran quite smooth for the size of the environments. The controls took a bit of getting used to, but after a while, I was flying around the city. I really enjoyed some of the game mechanics and how the character evolves. Not necessarily the best game I've played lately, but I can still see it being a lot of fun online. I dont plan on buying it, but its in my Gamefly queue.

[user=96]ColbyPants[/user] wrote:
Quote:I will add one caveat:  I am not a hardcore gamer.  The most games I have had for a system (the GameCube) at one time was roughly 20. So if you need a million games to play I can understand the hesitance of Wii's third party support.  Personally if I am only going to have a dozen to twenty games through the whole systems cycle, I want to make sure they are all GREAT, and Nintendo's first party games generally come through.

I can see where you are coming from, but for me aside from the Zeldas and Marios, which are usually amazing (though the GC incarnations left a bit to be desired) I wasnt too fond of Nintendo's recent output - a bit too much of the Mario sports / party variety for my liking. That said, I can see those types of games being a lot more fun on the Wii, as Ive already spent a ton of time playing Wii Sports. I have nothing against the Wii - Ive had a blast with it thus far - I just think for someone planning to own 1 system, they would get more bang for their buck and variety with a 360.

On a side note - I find it much easier to get my wife to play games on the Wii. Hell, for a week I couldn't even touch the thing because she was playing Trauma Center nonstop.