Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997 Partagas Limited Reserve Epicure
Ok before I can start I need to give some background! I started smoking cigars in 1997. I tried a ton and finally decided that Partagas was my go to favorite. I was in college at the time and was limited to 1 cigar a week due to my budget! Well for Christmas I got a little money and decided to take the plunge and get a box of Partagas Limited Reserve Epicures! The original price tag tells me they were $10.66 each or $193.80 a box! I smoked all of them save 1 between 1997 and 1999. I quit smoking cigars until shortly after until 2006! So after literally 10 years in my possesion I decided to smoke the last one! Here goes:

Box # EP04-0497
Packed April 1997
Released August 1997

Well the construction and smell were just like it was when I first got them! The prelight draw was very easy! It smelled strongly of tobacco and age! The stick lit easily and burned really well for its age! I was happy to learn that I didn't wait too long! The taste initially was leathery and cedary. After 1 inch it changed to a little raisin and also wheat for lack of a better word. Draw stayed easy but produced a TON of smoke! Overall I would say an 8 out of 10! While I am sad that I have none left out of my first box of cigars...I would say 10 years is a good run! The good news is I located a small stash (7) of some ORIGINAL LR at my local B&M in the Royale and Regale sizes! I wanted to share the wealth so I sent some out in bombs as well! Still one of my favorites after all these years!

Mason
Very nice, Thanks Mason Smile
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
a singular exerience, I am sure.  thanks for sharing it with us.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Sounds like it's time for another boxBig Grin
[user=363]Keith[/user] wrote:
Quote:Sounds like it's time for another boxBig Grin

I wish it were that easy! Unfortunately the LR's are no longer made in the epicure size and tons of searching has turned up nothing! Now they are the decadas and are decidedly more expensive and bigger!

Mason