Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas governor orders cervical cancer vaccine for schoolgirls
I refrain from discussing politics here, preferring to do it at other places, but I'll try and be as succinct and non-antagonizing as possible.  Here it goes:

I don't buy the whole "it should be optional" line, when vaccines haven't been offered, bad things happen. 

Mumps outbreak in England.

N.Y. rubella outbreak

Measles outbreak in the Netherlands, 7% vaccination rate.

I have no issue with requirements, when it's a matter of public health, then the common sense thing to do is to protect your children.  I for one, wouldn't appreciate a non-vaccinated child bringing in a disease and causing an epidemic at my children's school.  Thank goodness there are laws requiring vaccination.

As for Focus on the Family and groups like that, they only care about what puts their own private convictions(i.e.-their agenda) ahead at any cost.  Even if it means opposing a measure which makes sense and contradicts what they believe.  To be honest, I don't really see how the vaccine would undermine abstinence only education, but that's just me.  Of course, I would back a comprehensive sex education curriculum, and not favor one that only serves to temporarily delay sexual activity with higher rates of STD infection since kids are not taught about contraceptives.

We ALL have valid opinions....

Ck  research the normal vaccinations being given have been tested for a FRICKING 50YRS NOW, OR MORE,  AND THIS ONE FOR 5 MINUTES!!!

Food for thoughts, you parents can do whatever you think necessary for your daughters. I only voice and stress THINK....do you want your precious daughters to be guinea pigs for the research? I know I don't.

I also dont buy new cars, trucks, boats the first year they come out either,  cuz they all have bugs to be worked out............... DO YOU?

Trying all the analgies I can think of to get THOUGHT GOING before your Gov shoves this down your throats as parents..... 

Just my 4cents and glad to hear men's thoughts on this topic too....it will be coming to your home states too, especially if the kick back money is good enough!!

Appropriately Happy VD to one and all!!! as in Valentines Day!! LMAO

VEGASVIXEN06 Wrote:We ALL have valid opinions....

Trying all the analgies I can think of to get THOUGHT GOING before your Gov shoves this down your throats as parents..... 

and you did well to raise such points to make us think through our stances.  This thread really gets ya thinking.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
As a naturalized Texan . . . Gov. "Goodhair" Perry's probable payola, and flagrant end run around the local circus known as the Legislature is just Texas politics as usual---most other state's politics have entertainment value, a lucky few have actual common sense value, here in Texas . . . we have bloodsport. Big Grin

As reported here, the mandate has an "opt out" option for parents who still think the Earth is flat, flouridated water is a Commie plot, and teenagers aren't having sex. :?

I think it's a great idea. If they discover prostate cancer's caused by a virus too, I'm getting THAT vaccine before it's even been tested on puppies.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Imagine... what if a mother manages to get her daughter out of this through some law or loophole... and 12 years later she dies form cancer... Imagine the guilt (not to mention the legal ramifications).