Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicaraguan Profile?
The padrons you speak of have the same content. I think the jist of the discussion would be about the tobacco.
[user=26]Dr. Stogie Fresh[/user] wrote:
Quote:That's why one of my pet peeves is when tobacco manufacturers don't let the consumer know the blend of their cigars. Like it's really likely that someone else would steal the blend and then could make it taste the same. NOT!

My 2 cents.....

Doc

couldn't agree more. i never worried about sharing beer recipies with other breweries, because each brewery's system is different, yeast strains vary, etc.

my cousin is growing the most expensive coffee in the world, no joke. he could care less if someone poaches a seedling off his farm. the reason the coffee is so unique (other than the genetics of the plant) is the location (high altitude) and as of yet incalculable variables of exposure and climate and soil. fact is, tons of folks are trying to duplicate what he's done, with the same varietal, to no avail.

secrecy is really, really overrated when it comes to this kind of stuff.
in my opinion, i believe that there is a taste profile. i'm not that experienced, but i can usually tell when i'm smoking something from the d.r. there are always exceptions to the rule, and i've never had an isom, so i can't speak for if they have their own profile or not, but i'm sure they do. i'll actually be smoking my first tonight. i'm pretty excited.